How to rip an XBOX 360 ISO and convert it to Games on Demand (GOD)

How to rip an XBOX 360 ISO and convert it to Games on Demand (GOD) format

You will need a few programs for this tutorial:

Xbox Image Browser v1.0 Build 0002
Create ISO
Iso2God v1.33

March 28th update
I just came across a new version of Iso2God that was released in January.
Iso2God v1.35

Step 1: Extract Contents of Scene Release ISO using Xbox Image Browser

To extract the contents of the .ISO, we will use Xbox Image Browser.

Run Xbox Image Browser.exe and select File–>Open Image File

Select your XBOX 360 .ISO file. For this tutorial, we will use Madden NFL 2010.

Right Click on the name of the .ISO and select extract

Create a new folder to place the extracted files in and click OK.

Once the files are extracted, go to the folder and delete the $SystemUpdate folder.

Step 2: Create a new ISO for ISO2GOD using Create ISO

To create a new .ISO file to use with ISO2GOD, we will use Create ISO

Run Crear iso.exe.

Select the folder from Step 1 for the Source Folder and select a location to save
the new .ISO.

Click Create Iso

Step 3: Convert ISO to Games on Demand format using Iso2God

Now, we will use Iso2God to convert the .ISO to Games on Demand (GOD) format.

Run Iso2God.exe and select Add ISO

Select the .ISO from Step 2 as the Image Location and
create a new folder for the Output Location. The title
details will automatically be generated by the program.

The .ISO will now be placed in queue. You may add more .ISO files created from Step 2 or convert just one .ISO for now.

Click Convert. The program will now convert all of the .ISO files in your queue.

You now have successfully converted a full game rip to Games on Demand format.

Now, to play the game, just copy the folder created in step 3 (in this case 454108C6) to the hard drive on your JTAG XBOX 360 at this location:
[b]Hdd1:\Content\0000000000000000[/b]

Madden NFL 2010 for example, will be located:
Hdd1:\Content\0000000000000000\454108C6

There are several ways to copy the game to the XBOX 360. Personally, I copy the GOD folder created in Step 3 to a usb flash drive, insert it to my xbox
360 and copy to the XBOX 360 HDD using Freestyle Dash 1.09 that I have installed on my JTAG XBOX 360.

Now, to play the game, just go to Game Library, select Xbox 360 Games and select the game you want to play by hitting the Y Button.

I have over 80 games on my 500GB internal Hard drive in Games on Demand format. There have been a handful of games that don’t work for me. If you can add to this list, please post here and I will update this post.

Games not compatible
Asterix at the Olympics
Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts
Hasbro Family Game Night

F.A.Q.'s
1. These programs come up as viruses when I run them through my antivirus program.
This is a false positive. I’ve never had any problems with any of the programs. Not to mention, they are used by a lot of XBOX 360 users. I’ve never heard of anyone encountering any problems with them either.

Edit:Credits-S7 Pro

YOU MUST HAVE A JTAG FOR THIS

how do we play the GOD’s without a jtag, like can i get a modded profile to play the game or something.

im pretty sure this only works on a jtag you might want to put that on the topic or does it work on retail?

Nope, they’re strong-signed.

Look at the very bottom

Only jtag >_> Dang

-_- just added ?

You can’t just add this to your 360 HDD?

wow only jtag me sad :anguished:

No you can do this on a retail, but you need a profile that already works with the game.

Nice tut but whats the point of this when you just can put the iso on your hdd and play…

And he’s back, with more copy and paste >.>

Regardless it;s a useful tutorial, but I personally like to just download them strait to my external HDD.

Would this work on retail? Looks like it would if I used a transfer cable

No, JTAG only.

Why? Could you explain it to me noob-friendly

Whoa never heard of this create iso program! Thanks for it, looks awesome…

Noob friendly terms: JTAG’s run unsigned code, therefore protection placed on games is irrelevent. On retail consoles this isn’t possible since retail consoles are made to adhear to these rules and regulations.

And these home-made GODs are unsigned code thus retail is no no?

Well basically anything you rip is, unless you have a flashed console, but that’s just for burning games, not installing GOD games. But yes, these on a retail console are a no no indeed.

I wish I had a jtag…

Great post man :smile: keep em coming