How to run 2 instances of WeMod on pc?

Hi, I am trying to run 2 instances of wemod on pc. How can one manage to do that??

I loaded 2 instances of sc2, and I want to run both clients with the cheats enabled… but I cant point the process to trigger that and I can only open 1 client of wemod.
How can i manage to load 2 clients and inject wemod on both?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Andre, this isn’t possible right now. It’s something we can look into implementing, but there’s a few roadblocks in the code that assume there’s only 1 instance.

2 Likes

Hi Frank,
Thank you very much for your reply and for letting me know it Isn’t possible yet.
I will wait for some future patch that maybe enables this option.

Thank you a lot once again for all the good support on WeMod !

2 Likes

This feature is ready for the next big app release. I’ll have more details then :+1:

2 Likes

whoaa this is amazing, great news :slight_smile:
Thank you for that !! ( sorry the late reply, my newborn just arrived, been kinda chaotic this 1st week haha)

2 Likes

No problem! Congrats! :smiley:

2 Likes

@Frank, is this function added to WeMod 7 update??? or not yet?

1 Like

Yes! Thanks for reminding me to post. Run the app with --wemod-user-data=Data2, where Data2 can be whatever you want. In this case, app data will be read and written to C:\Users\You\AppData\Roaming\WeMod-Data2 instead of the default WeMod folder.

1 Like

Frank, thank you for your reply… I am having a hard time to get this to work…
So what i did is:

• I launched 1st client of the game , and Launched WeMod (attached the trainer) all Ok
  • I launched 2nd client of the game and Launched WeMod --data2 … When i try to load the trainner, it gives me error “We’re having trouble running the cheats. You may have to allow WeMod through your firewall or anti-virus software.”

any idea how to make the 2nd client of wemod detect the 2nd client of the game?

thanks in advance

1 Like

Not ideal, but are you able to make a copy of the game folder or make a copy of the exe with a different name? If not, we will have to add a process picker to the app, which has been on the to-do list.

1 Like

i tried creating a copy of the exe file , change its name, and place it as load custom, to try and make wemod force to attach at this process… but didn’t work.

Guess would have to add a process picker to the app, maybe it is the only way, i couldn’t find any other way to do it hehe.

1 Like

If you see both games in task manager running with different names, it should be working. I’ll check it out if it’s not.

1 Like

i did, , the game i am trying to run 2 instances is Starcraft II … i created a copy of the exe , but i guess it doesnt change anything tbh, because for me to be able to run the second client of the game, i have to use processexplorer, and kill 2 sections and 2 events, to be able to open the 2nd client on same pc.

so I guess it launches both with same name, just different process ID, which would have to be manually picked for wemod to attach to.

1 Like

yeah nvm, i couldnt get it to work hehe, unless it becomes possible to manually tell which processid wemod need to attach too, there isn’t a way to get this to work with 2 clients i guess. Not even the data2 worked hehe…

but thank you a lot anyway, first for your time and secondly for adding this function !

1 Like

@frank , Do you think there is a possibility for in a future patch of WeMod, you guys add a way to manually set which process wemod client attaches to ? to become possible to make the use of 2 clients?

I couldn’t find a way to do it , not even with the 2nd folder, considering the game uses same name on process for multiclient