I need help converting mod subfolders into one file for fallout new Vegas

I’m trying to convert a PC mod with multiple files to work on my RGH. I know how to convert mods as a single file I just want to know how to package a mod with multiple folders into one bsa file? I think it was? I was also wondering if I can transfer the game data folder from my Xbox to my computer and manually install the mods that way? Any help as always is greatly appreciated.

I’m not sure about the converting of mods and all that but you can definitely move the New Vegas game data folder to your PC and back to the 360 storage device all you want. Isn’t that how you got it on the 360 in the first place? As far as adding the mods after moving it to your PC I would probably zip the New Vegas game in it’s un-modified working state if you don’t already have it backed up somewhere, just in case you screw it up by adding the modded files. Do some fooling around and post back. I might actually want to try out whatever you have in the works as all I really ever do is use trainers on my RGH.

2 Likes

I apologise for the late reply. I’ve found out that my problem is archive invaldation or something like that which has to do with modifying the fallout.ini this is required if you want custom textures and such. But for simple PC mods with just a single esp file you can use xlast(Google it) or le fluffie to convert it into custom dlc which you can then inject into a usb with horizon. The first mod I converted was deathclaw commander it was really easy and I highly recommend it. As far as the archive invaldation thing goes Im still trying to figure out how to get it to work on rgh I know it’s possible I just can’t find any good tutorials on how to do it. I will figure it out.

1 Like

I just discovered that Skyrim has no need for the archive invalidated mod and you can easily convert any mod as long as it is for the original PC version. Unfortunately Oblivion, Fallout3 and FNV all need the archive invalidation thing.

1 Like

So I’ve basically mastered converting simple mods. If you have any questions on how to use xlast to convert mods just ask although I’m sure you can figure it out its a pretty simple process once you do it a couple times. Also I’ve got a list of mods I’ve already converted and are ready to be dropped into a USB. Some of them are nexus mods the have certain permissions so I cant post my whole load order but I can go through and see which ones I’m allowed to repost and post them here if you’d like. But I’m not sure if it would be going against the rules or not as far as the restricted ones go because they are technically modified from there original state and ported soooo idk lol.