I use both Cheat Happens and WeMod, thinking about switching to WeMod full time. Is it good idea?

Keep in mind that on Cheat Happens I’m a free member, I have not set up a premium sub over there. I am a Pro member on WeMod but the sub is currently inactive and will run out this month. I am considering reactivating my Pro sub, but I want to know from the WeMod community if Pro is worth it in the long term and I’ll take your thoughts on it into my own consideration.

I think it is worth it but I’m biased :slight_smile: You can always join our Discord server and ask in the Pro channels what other users think of Pro.

Just remember you can always use WeMod without a Pro subscription if you aren’t sure at the moment.

It is a bit biased, but I understand. You have to promote the service you provide. I will admit from what I’ve used of it so far, it has been extremely useful. Recently I’ve been playing Fable Anniversary on Steam and since I’ve played and beaten the game several dozens times back on the OG Xbox days, I thought “what the hell” and turned myself into a freaking God, lol. It’s been a blast so far.

Like Chris said, wemod is free, so go with what you like. I use wemod for a lot of my games, so I’m a paying member so i could support them.

I have decided to keep using WeMod but I will let my Pro sub run out and continue using the free version.

I use both because i discovered the other guys before wemod. I got grandfathered into life time before they changed it. Both programs work amazingly. If my lifetime wasn’t grandfathered in id be using wemod more. But wemod is fantastic and may be upgrading.

I got the ch eat happens aurora lifetime because it was available for a decent price and did wemod pro for a year. If wemod did a lifetime then I would get that to support wemod, but I don’t think the monthly or yearly is worth it anymore so I went back to free. CH aurora lifetime is $84.95 USD and works with most games so is good enough for me. There are some times that Wemod works better for some situations in a game, so I will kill ch eat hap pens trainer and turn on wemod, but most of the time now, I am just using ch eat happens since I have the lifetime for that. I don’t use the phone app or any of the extras, so wemod free and ch eat happens lifetime are about the same value. 2 monitors. I use game on monitor with speakers around it, and trainer on 2nd monitor so I can see if I hit a key to activate/deactiveate something. So, yes, I would pay the same price to wemod that I paid to ch eat happens for lifetime but since wemod would rather we all just use free than pay 1 time, I stay free.

There are many websites and apps that have started doing lifetime because there are many of us who don’t do subscriptions.

Ch eat happens offers other things for sale to accompany the regular subscriptions. And, the lifetime pro for 1 payment members also spend money on other stuff. plus they have a lifetime+monthly for more irrelevant perks. Wemod could start selling things and extra things to supplement current income.

possible income ideas for wemod income:
1- wemod pro subscription monthly, always a functional income. however, those of us who don’t do subscriptions won’t be giving money.
2- wemod pro lifetime. this would allow those of us who don’t do subscriptions to buy pro. yes, it would eliminate monthly income from those particular people, but with other income streams, could be sustainable, and some income from people who wouldn’t spend anything is better than the nothing they would otherwise spend. “anything is better than nothing.”
3- donations. acceptable for those who don’t want subscriptions but want to help out and aren’t interested in “badges” or other clutter on profile pages. those who would buy a lifetime pro pass might still donate.
4- badges. different badges created at different times. different level badges. whatever. some people like badges and would spend money on decorations like that, including those who would buy lifetime pro.
5- profile page decoration. avatar decoration. other decoration. like what Steam does. people do spend money on this stuff.
6- physical merchandise. all sorts. t-shirts, mugs, stickers, bumper stickers. even rank related merchandise to show off what rank a member is, such as lifetime member or name donation levels and have that level on merchandise. Like, if 1,000 money donated then someone earns the phoenix rank, so they have the option of buying a bumper sticker that says/shows “WeMod Phoenix”.
7- not a direct income source, but get some people to play games with wemod, record, and show on youtube. social media. whatever. “influencers” and have them link to wemod in the descriptions.
8- advertising on wemod pages. advertising is everywhere so something we are all used to.
9- “sponsors” - a page with links to sponsor pages if there are any businesses that sponsor/donate to wemod or agree to exhange links. such as wemod has a link to ABC Something, and in return, ABC Something has a link to WeMod. a not direct income source, but the more traffic eventually leads to more income, and link exchange is generally free.

so, yes, lifetime pro could be sustainable, if wemod suppliments with additional things. wemod staff can pm me for more details if anyone cares.

1 Like

Lifetime purchases are not a sustainable or survivable business model.

Companies that offer lifetime access will soon find themselves running out of funds to cover business costs and pay staff (plus other costs like taxes, etc), because there isn’t enough yearly income being generated for them. When that happens they will need to find an investor quickly, otherwise their company will collapse under bankruptcy. An investor would be either incredibly brave or incredibly stupid to invest in a company that offers lifetime purchases, because eventually the money will run out again.

Major businesses such as PlayStation, Microsoft, Netflix, Amazon, and so on have all moved away from lifetime purchases because they know it’s not possible to economically sustain themselves and pay all their staff in the long-run.

WeMod does not offer lifetime purchases of Pro, because it wants to continue to exist and provide trainers for many, many years to come.