- ICDV2.bat -

ICDV2 Rev. 5.zip (2.4 KB)

This program is similar to “IC&SDFR”, but with Infinity v2 support. This program can be used to wipe most cache, cookies, user config files, etc. The neccecerary files should be regenerated and you will be greated by a fresh Infinity after Infinity has booted up.

Code for the Manual version:

@echo off
:start
cls
echo [a] Delete cache folders
echo [b] Run infinity
CHOICE /C ABC /N 
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 SET option1=a
IF ERRORLEVEL 2 SET option1=b
if %option1%==a goto a1
if %option1%==b goto b1
goto start

:a1
echo The following folders will be deleted:
echo "%APPDATA%\Daring Development"
echo "%APPDATA%\Infinity"
echo.
echo Continue?
CHOICE /C AB /N 
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 goto a2
IF ERRORLEVEL 2 goto start
goto start

:a2
cls
echo Deleting cache. Please wait a few seconds before starting infinity.
@RD /S /Q "%APPDATA%\Infinity"
@RD /S /Q "%APPDATA%\Daring Development" 
pause
goto start

:b1
cls
cd "%HOMEPATH%\Desktop"
if exist Infinity.lnk start Infinity.lnk & exit
cd "%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar"
@echo off
echo No shortcut found. Checking %localappdata%.
@echo on
:launchloopstart
set V1=0
set V2=0
set V3=0
:launchloopattemptlaunch
If exist %localappdata%\infinity\app-%V3%.%V2%.%V1% start %localappdata%\infinity\app-%V3%.%V2%.%V1%\Infinity.exe & exit
:Launchloop
If %V1% == 9 goto turnv2
SET /A V1 = %V1% + 1
goto launchloopattemptlaunch
:turnv2
set V1=0
If %V2% == 9 goto turnv3
SET /A V2 = %V2% + 1
:turnv3
set V2=0
If %V3% == 9 goto launchloopend2
SET /A V3 = %V3% + 1
:launchloopend1
start %localappdata%\infinity\app-%V3%.%V2%.%V1%\Infinity.exe
pause
end
:launchloopend2
echo %V3%.%V2%.%V1%
pause
pause & echo %V3%.%V2%.%V1%
if exist "%localappdata%\infinity\%V3%.%V2%.%V1%\infinity.exe" start "%localappdata%\infinity\%V1%.%V2%.%V3%\infinity.exe" & end
cls
echo Error: Could not launch Infinity.
pause

Code for the automatic version:

echo Deleting cache.
@RD /S /Q "%APPDATA%\Infinity"
@RD /S /Q "%APPDATA%\Daring Development" 
echo Starting Infinity
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 3 > nul
cd "%HOMEPATH%\Desktop"
cd "%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar"
@echo off
echo No shortcut found. Checking %localappdata%.
@echo on
:launchloopstart
set V1=0
set V2=0
set V3=0
:launchloopattemptlaunch
If exist %localappdata%\infinity\app-%V3%.%V2%.%V1% start %localappdata%\infinity\app-%V3%.%V2%.%V1%\Infinity.exe & exit
:Launchloop
If %V1% == 9 goto turnv2
SET /A V1 = %V1% + 1
:turnv2
set V1=0
If %V2% == 9 goto turnv3
SET /A V2 = %V2% + 1
:turnv3
set V2=0
If %V3% == 9 goto launchloopend2
SET /A V3 = %V3% + 1
:launchloopend1
start %localappdata%\infinity\app-%V3%.%V2%.%V1%\Infinity.exe
pause
end
:launchloopend2
echo %V3%.%V2%.%V1%
pause
pause & echo %V3%.%V2%.%V1%
if exist "%localappdata%\infinity\%V3%.%V2%.%V1%\infinity.exe" start "%localappdata%\infinity\%V1%.%V2%.%V3%\infinity.exe" & end
cls
echo Error: Could not launch Infinity.
pause 

If anyone is interested, this is my data from my ghetto Infinity deenginering (aka deleting files and seeing what happens).

-"C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Infinity" (can be deleted)
--Cache (folder) (unknown effect)
--GPUCache (folder) (unknown effect)
--Local Storage (folder) (If deleted, shows the "whats new"/update notification)
--Cookies (unknown file) (unknown effect)
--Cookies-journal (unknown file) (unknown effect)

-"C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Daring Development" (can be deleted)
--"C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Daring Development\Infinity" (can be deleted)
---app.json (JSON) (unknown effect)
---settings.json (JSON) (If deleted, resets settings)
---token.json (JSON) (If deleted, logs out account if logged in)
---Cache (folder) (unknown effect)
----games.json (unknown effect)
----installations.json (unknown effect)
----trainers.json (unknown effect)
----Viewed-featured.json (unknown effect)

-"C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Infinity" (Main installation folder)
7 Likes

bookmarked! :ok_hand:

1 Like

So you are a PC guy after all :smirk:

Btw think you didnt add the end of the spoiler/detail hiding thing with [/details] ?

1 Like

Nice, i’ll redirect users here in future

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick tool :thumbsup: However, it’s hard-coded to launch a specific version of Infinity. Launching update.exe in the directory above should do the trick.

1 Like

Thanks for the appreciation @SprayPrey @MrPrecise @STN @frank (I think that’s everyone)

As for the questions:

I think I did everything right. I have used spoilers before without any issues but this time it seemed to get bugged. Will try to get them working but until then I removed the spoilers and marked the text as preformated.

Will do! Thanks for the information.

edit: What’s supposed to happen when you launch Update.exe? When I launch it it just flashes a cmd screen and then nothing.

(This is what the promt says.)

1 Like

Probably something within the code that made the stuff bug out.
Looks good now at least :wink:

1 Like

Hmmm… Maybe you can’t use that. You’ll have to loop over the directories and use the most recent one.

1 Like

I get what you are talking about now. If infinity gets updated the run directory command would stop working. I don’t know how to loop but maybe I could launch the desktop shortcut instead. Going to check it out.

I could always make the user type in the version manually, but that would take nearly as much time as minimizing the window and launching the desktop shortcut.

Edit: Looks like it worked. Running “C:\Users%username%\desktop\infinity.lnk” launches Infinity.

What if the user installed it in “D:” directory? Almost all install it in “C:” thou, just wondering how would be to trace a different directory.

1 Like

Since it is only affecting the appdata folder (by the looks of it) it doesn’t matter since the appdata folder is always on C: if you didn’t change the Drive labels
and well snake already made it to start with the desktop shortcut so that’s solved aswell

2 Likes

What if there is no desktop shortcut. I don’t have a shortcut but it’s pinned to my taskbar

1 Like

Use %LOCALAPPDATA%\Infinity

1 Like

I was going to comment on what Frank said above when I was reading the code.

I assume all environment variables work fine with batch files but use them if you can, since not everyone has the same letter assignments.

C:\Users%username% can be %HOMEPATH%
C:\Users%username%\AppData\Local is %LOCALAPPDATA%
C:\Users%username%\AppData\Roaming is %APPDATA%

4 Likes

Your taskbar has also a path. Don’t know the correct one but it is possible to make the script check if there’s a desktop shortcut or a taskbar shortcut and use whatever he finds to start infinity from there

2 Likes

Sorry for the inactivity. Two days ago I had to carry something heavy for a while and my arms have been sore since then. Nothing serious, probably just the muscles not being strong enough.

@Frank @Travis Directories replaced! Hopefully the program will work with different drive letters now.

@STN Added some alternative releases (only 2 atm). The second one (#2) launches the TaskBar shortcut.

@N1ceToMeetYou I will look into adding something like that.

Thanks for the ideas everyone!

3 Likes

Eat banana to avoid possible muscle cramp, good to see you are upgrading the tool

This tool is going to receive a relatively big update.

• The tool is going to have two separate versions.
    One executes all commands automatically (very fast), while the other one allows you to pick options.

• I removed option “[b] more info” and replaced it with a dialogue screen that comes up when pressing “a” that will explain what the option does and ask if you want to continue. (Pressing “b” wil launch Infinity now)

• When you select “start Infinity”, it will try to launch both the desktop and taskbar shortcut. It should only end up launching one process even if you have both shortcuts.

• There will only be one ReadMe text that should explain everything.

The file is completed, all I need to do now is editing the topic.

1 Like

About the disclaimer, deleting those files does nothing than remove your stored data (logins etc). It doesn’t have any lasting effects on infinity as they are recreated each launch. You can remove that disclaimer maybe just mention your login is gonna get wiped.