Incoming Destiny Hotfix 10/14/14

Summary
The most recent hotfix (1.0.2.2) for Destiny goes live on October 14th. This hotfix includes a number of changes to weapon balance across archetypes (e.g., lowering Auto Rifle effectiveness and increasing Scout Rifle damage output), specific weapons (Vex Mythoclast and Pocket Infinity) and includes a number of fixes to issues with the Templar encounter in the Vault of Glass.

We’re still working on a larger update which will address under-performing Exotics and overall class balance.

General

Fixed a bug where the Valkyrie-O5X Ship was the same as the Aurora Lance

Classes

Titan
    Unbreakable: Fixed an issue with the perk granting more agility than intended
Warlock
    Brimstone: Perk can now activate if player is airborne

Weapons

General
    Fixed some issues related to quick weapon swapping
Auto Rifles
    Base Damage decreased by 2%
    Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
    Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)
Hand Cannons
    In-air accuracy now increased
Scout Rifles
    Base damage increased by 6%
    Damage vs. Combatants increased by 6% - 25% (based on tier)
    Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.
Shotguns
    Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
    Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
    The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive
Exotic Weapons
    Vex Mythoclast
        Base Damage decreased by 34%
        Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)
    Pocket Infinity
        Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk
Perks
    Metal Detector: Fixed a bug that prevents this perk from actually providing additional ammo
    Lightweight: Fixed a bug that allowed additional agility to apply even when a weapon was stowed

Activities

Strikes
    Engram rewards from strikes now appear in the post-game Activity Summary
Raid - Vault of Glass
    Templar Encounter
        Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
        Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area

Destinations

The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan

What? Auto Rifle’s damage decreased are you kidding me Bungie? I am sorry, but I have a legendary Auto Rifle and I swear I get overpowered 40/100 of the time, now I’ll be able to get overpowered 70/100 of the time.

EDIT: Also not to mention the impact of Auto Rifles, the impact is so low that you can literally get overpowered by anything and it really disgusts me that they would lower the damage on Auto Rifles.

Vex mythoclast damage decrease by 34%? lmao

I guess that gun is going to be useless in PvP

R.I.P. Vex Mythoclast :cry:
Apart from that, UGA is always getting those updates and news out for everyone to see. Once again you have out done yourself! :thumbsup:

Yup. I figured since destiny has been played by most of the people on here, you guys would want to know.

Now, I wouldn’t say the Vex Mythoclast is a useless weapon, but it definitely is a close/medium range weapon where as the Suros Regime is an Auto Rifle that can kill those from a good distance. (If you challenge someone who has a Vex from a distance you have a high chance in winning the the gun-fight. [if you aren’t getting shot from another location or weak from a previous gun-fight.])

As for the update, personally, I feel as if all of these changes are out of people complaining. I mean every game has the “go-to” weapons that everyone uses and everyone else wants to use, but, since they are the “go-to” weapons and this game is very random on when one achieves them, people are complaining about not doing as well without them.

Unless the weapon is completely a god weapon, (ex: MP40 from World at War at launch; could snipe snipers across the map), than I feel as if people should just realize that they just need to spend more time on the PvE side of things for Destiny and come back to the Crucible/Iron Banner; especially since the Iron Banner is the playlist in which has no weapon/gear restrictions!

Nice, an update. Now everyone can use the weapons that they actually like instead of using a weapon that looks like it’s about to fall apart, but has good damage.

Does everyone else notice that they are making the sniper platforms in the VOG Templar encounter? What about the fact that they are taking away the relic and respawning it if it leaves the playable area?

Yeah…

Templar Encounter:

• Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
  • Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area

I don’t understand the first bullet entirely…sounds as if we won’t be able to stand out on those floating rocks when fighting the Templar…but the second, to me, is a plus if the person with the relic dies by falling off the map, but than again I could be mistaken.