Infinity 4 Update: Discussion and Feedback

If you didn’t know, over the weekend we released Infinity 4! This major update brings Version Guard, a UI rework, and a peek at the future of trainers.

Read our full blog post here: https://medium.com/wemod/infinity-4-is-here-665e29e652b4

More technical info on Version Guard: https://medium.com/wemod/version-guard-technical-intro-d71ff1bb5b55

We want to know your thoughts and if you have any feedback on the changes below. We have already started on Infinity 5 and any comments will be taken into consideration.

• What do you like or dislike about the user interface?

• Do you understand how Version Guard works?

• Are any features missing in the app?

P.S. We almost didn’t release Infinity 4. What is now Infinity 5, would have been Infinity 4. We wanted to get Version Guard out as soon as possible and some major API changes, so we opted for this slight UI rework. Trust us when we say the next version is going to be epic. A new app, new remote, and new functionality.

3 Likes

I don’t think version guard will be used enough.

Potential issues:

• it is turned off/not installed by default (users will miss it/forget to activate it).
  • It needs to already be installed when a game updates for it to work. What if the user downloaded the game too late or just didn’t actiate version guard before the update?

For me to be confident in it, version guard would have to do two things:

• Be able to roll back the game using an online database if the required files aren’t found on the users system.
  • Version guard being an option when installing Infinity with the box checked by default, or at least requiring the user to look at it before pressing continue (could be accompliched with two check boxes, one opting in, one opting out).

I don’t think version guard is bad, I just don’t think it will solve the mayor issue of outdated trainers in its current state.

Also, if you are bringing hashing-for-pro back, it would be nice to see some number instead of just a progress bar (H/s and number of hashes required for pro).

On the contrary about Version Guards usefulness @sNaKe. I believe it will be used, just not in a way the creators intended it would be used (or maybe they did). I see a lot of potential on people using pirated games, Now infinity will have a version to support said game.

That’s not how Version Guard works. We’ve had the functionality to support older version for a long time.

@sNaKe Version Guard is opt in right now. It will be enabled by default in the future.

CPU load is higher than old version when it started. it use CPU load 15% without any games, and 30% when playing game.
please control it.

Not long after Infinity updated, Uplay did and I had a moment of cold dread. But then I had a 3 hour marathon on Far Cry 5 after a few pilot errors on my part. So much fun.