Infinity Error code:3

Does this happen with EVERY game, or just Deux Ex:HR ?

This error code sometimes points out that the system cannot find the path specified, in this case, we are talking about Infinity.

Btw, do you have this folder/directory installed, C:\users\username\AppData\Local\Infinity ? Try launching Infinity without any ADMIN rights, as a normal user.

Happens with every game.

Yes, I do have that folder and directory installed.

Does Infinity ask you for admin permission every time you start a game with it?

1 Like

Nope.

@88MPH @OddAngryShot Thank you for the detailed feedback. It’s greatly appreciated. When pressing Start Game in Infinity, does it show a UAC elevation prompt asking you for admin privileges?

No it does not. I right click and run it as an admin manually (not normally, only to try and get rid of Error Code 3).

I went to play a game on Infinity, needed to be updated to the new program. I have done everything including, uninstalling the old/new program under control panel/programs. I use Avast and Malwarebytes. I shut both of those down, including bypassing my routers fire wall. No Icon appeared, did a search and found the file to make a shortcut. Put the program on admin, none of my games with the new program work on. Games will launch, but ERROR CODE 3 comes up on all. Even tried to launch the game then launch the cheats, no avail. Then I tried w/o admin both ways, still won’t work.

windows 10 64bit.

No there is no UAC Elevation prompt. I tried again and made sure that the prompt window wasn’t hidden by other windows as well. Still get the error 3 message. Some of my games are set to run as admin others not, but I will check the ones that Infinity works with and toggle that option and see if that works and get back to you.

OK I tried manually setting all the executables for the games to “run as administrator” as well as with the option unchecked. Tried this both with and without nod32 enabled (it has a setting to temporarily disable protection that I used). I am understandably reluctant to uninstall it to test that out, but in other cases where I have needed to avoid my a/v merely disabling it has worked well.

Experiencing the same thing on all my games. Error Code: 3 on all of them. Have tried using Run Admin, without Admin, nothing works. I clock start game, it seems to be loading the tool, the game itself starts but the tool then pops up this error. added the tool to the firewall, defender, tried it all so far and nothing works. Anyone find the root cause yet? I have all the right folders in the right place and everything. I also am using the updated version. Thanks in advance

Which game is it? Also did you try clicking the button again after that error pops up? (dont close the game)

I have had a similar issue in Dishonored and have tried running each program as an administrator and turning admin permissions off for both. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Infinity. The error continues to occur

I’m still getting this error code 3 for Sid Meier’s Civ VI, what’s being done to fix this problem??

Are you running Infinity and Civ VI as admin?
Make sure your anti-virus/firewall/anti-malware has exceptions for Infinity.

Im getting it aswell, Anti virus turned off and running as admin and tried it on multiple games and always gets error 3

Please install the latest version of Infinity. The bug should be dead :smiley:

thanks sir. the error 3 is now gone! appreciate it!:grin:

It works now, thanks a lot : )

Edit: but now I’m getting an error 10 (at least with Stellaris)

All my games seem to work now. Thank you for fixing the issue so quickly. Greatly appreciated guys.

We’re currently working on Stellaris. We’ll keep you updated.

1 Like