Installing Error

hi, i’m brazilian, i need help, i uninstalled horizon due to storage on my pc, and when i went to install it again it downloaded but was not executable, and when i try to uninstall from the control panel it appears this.
If someone please can help me, thank you.

Welcome to the community!

First thing to check for this is to make sure that the Windows Installer service is running in services. To open services, just press the Windows key then type ‘Services’ and scroll down until you see ‘Windows Installer’ and make sure it says manual.

You want to right click it and start it then try to uninstall.

Also, if you haven’t already, restart your PC and try again. Sometimes a simple restart does the trick.

Let me know if this fixes it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I did the windows installer process, but the same problem occurred, what am I going to do now?

Next thing to do is modify the registry. Here’re some instructions:

Here’s the location to copy into the regedit window: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products

For step 4, you want to go down the list until you see a key on the right for ProductName called Horizon then right click it and delete it then restart your PC and try again.

This should fix the issue but post back here if it doesn’t.

1 Like

Hi, I managed to uninstall horizon, but when installing again the same error occurs, it does not create the executable application, it appears on this tab and when I click “launch” it does not run. What am I going to do?

I would try a clean reinstall of Horizon:

1. Uninstall via control panel

2. Delete the Horizon folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Daring Development\Horizon if it still exists.

3. Restart your PC then reinstall from here: https://www.wemod.com/horizon/download

It should now allow you to install without issue.

Post back with your results :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I had already uninstalled the Daring Development folder. I did the installation of horizon but it did not go well.
There is still something for me to do? He doesn’t want to install it at all. Everything works fine when installin horizon but it nou execute. Help me please

Are there any instances of Horizon in task manager? Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to open task manager and end any Horizon tasks.

Not sure what else could cause that not to execute aside from antivirus.

1 Like

Hi, there is no horizon service running on my pc. I disabled all my antivirus, but has not yet installed horizon

-A wild Playstation fanboy slides into the thread-

Thank you for trying to help out here @User_N4m3. You’re awesome. :smiley:
Been following this thread and scratching my head too.

Microsoft has had an issue that has affected installing and uninstalling software since Windows 7 all the way up to the current Windows 10 OS. But I’ve never personally come across it myself - I’ve heard of it maybe once, but never dealt with it before, hence why this thread made me do some head-scratching. And Microsoft seem to like to keep quiet about the issue (maybe they’re too embarrassed to admit they have no idea how to prevent it?)

Microsoft do, however, have a page buried really deep in their help centre about this. They have a stand-alone troubleshooter which you can download to automatically detect and fix any corrupted registry keys that might be causing the issue for you. You can download it from the official Microsoft website here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed. Give that troubleshooter a try.

1 Like

Two more things to try:

1. Try moving the installer to a different folder like the desktop and then try reinstalling from there after doing a clean reinstall. Maybe try running from a flash drive too.

2. Check for any Windows updates and install them.

After this, I’m burnt out on this. I’ve exhausted my knowledge on this issue and had to do some research to look for anything else that might resolve this. Like Ravenfyre, I haven’t encountered this issue personally, but I’ve seen threads online about it but not enough to prompt an official update from Microsoft with a fix.

Looks to be a registry corruption issue with either the .msi installer package from Horizon on your PC or a problem with the Windows Installer service. Only two things I can think of that would be root causes.

Looking forward to solving this :smiley:

Do you have the latest version of …netframework installed?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48130

Hi, guys I tried to do the microsoft process, but it doesn’t show the horizon program as you can see in the image. I will try to update my windows to see if horizon installation occurs. But in case I can’t, thanks for all your support.

1 Like