iPhone 6 Reports Bending in Pockets

It was only a matter of time before the monstrosity known as the iPhone 6 Plus started causing problems. Today, word is getting out that the 5.5-inch phone may be vulnerable to unplanned situational curvature.

In other words, the phones are bending and they’re not supposed to bend. They bend because people are putting them in their pockets, then sitting down, which is a reasonable thing to do. Call it Apple’s #Bendghazi, if you will. Or #Bendgate.

MacRumors highlighted the following forum post from a new iPhone 6 Plus owner:

"Yesterday, I left at 10am with the iPhone in my left FRONT pocket of my suit pants. I drove 4 hours to a wedding, which also involved a lot of sitting during dinner etc but also 2-3 hours of dancing. I left at 2am and went to bed, driving home 4 hours back.

So in total, the 6 Plus was about 18 hours in my pocket while sitting mostly.

As I lay it on the coffee table and sat down on the couch to relax from the drive (yes, sitting again ), I saw the reflection of the window in the iPhones slightly distorted."

Another user posted the following photo of his clearly bent iPhone:

What’s interesting about Bendgate/Bendghazi is that both of these MacRumors forum posters said they put their phones in their front pockets. Contrary to some reports, they weren’t “sitting on” their iPhones. They were sitting down. The phone molded to the shape of their thighs.

On Twitter, the story became a fight between those concerned about Bendgate and those dismissing it as a First World Problem that was easy to avoid.

The #Bendgate faux-controversy quickly spawned its own Twitter account. Its first two tweets were directed at Apple CEO Tim Cook and pretended to extoll the phone’s “flexible display.”

In July, rumors did surface suggesting that the iPhone 6 might have a flexible display. Those rumors did not come to pass, but it appears that some iPhone 6 owners are determined to make the dream a reality.

The question is, will these frustrated customers reach their breaking point, or will Apple bend over backward to fix them?

Here’s a suggestion: Wear looser jeans.

Source

glad i didn’t buy this phone yet. Being a skater, all i own are tight jeans and like 1 pair of dress jeans haha

what’re your guy’s thoughts?

That’s insane, probably those weak materials they use in china land

And this is a product that costs up to $949 :laughing: oh Apple >.<

Ah, the good ol’ days when they actually took time and put forth effort to make their products with strong, sturdy materials. Oh how we miss thee.

#Nokia

Yea no, tight jeans just came into style within the past 3-5 years. We have always skated in normal jeans with no issues so don’t say skater and then relate tight jeans to it.

People need to understand this isn’t just an apple issue. Samsung and every other phone will do this with enough pressure. Reports of bent iPhone 6 aligns with horrible history of bent smartphones

Around port is extremely weak.

I still dont have a phone so i dont have to deal with this crap. (I dont want one either)

A phone is too valuable for me not to have one. I never use to use one and now I rely on it for a lot of stuff.

Well everyone else has one so i can just use theirs, and im only 15 so i dont really need one

lol, I’m 17 and I have 4 different androids, and 1 windows phone 8

#CasioGZoneswag

You can throw that thing as hard as you can at a wall and it wont break

The last time I put an apple in my pocket I has applesauce all over my private parts.
Oops, this is about iPhones…those pieces of overpriced **** are banned from my pockets.

All phones are overpriced

The iPhone 6s, +, look ugly and as it shows above seems to not even be built good. I have a 5s, my first iPhone. Phone works great all besides the part when ios 8 f***** my phone up.

Just came into style? What’re you talking about haha. When I was in 5th grade (2004-2005) we all skated krews which were ight as hell and still skate just as tight pants. The slim ****ies look I what started to come into style like 3-5 years ago

Guys, its just damn pants. Who cares. lol

Pants are love. Pants are life

I too wear pants. We should all get together and discuss pants.

Officially derailed

Why do we not have a section about pants?

Let’s make a section for pants

Thank god i’m poor & can’t afford this phone lol. I’ll stick with my current one, no need to upgrade for no reason.