Is It Possible To Mod An Accounts Privacy Settings?

Hi there! I’ve had an ongoing problem with my live account and microsoft can’t do anything to fix it. I can barely do anything but play a portion of a game that is available to a non live account because my permissions and stuff are fubar. I could simply just change my permissions but it just errors when I try to save them because of a bunch of bullshit.

So I was wondering if I could change these settings through Horizon. It is very very annoying not even being able to accept the terms of use and unable to do anything to fix it. This is my last hope.

Thank you!
~Mondkatze

I honestly have no idea what you just said.

Do you mean you can’t play games online because you don’t have the licenses? I’m confused.

1 Like

No, my account has teen privacy permissions, meaning: I can’t purchase content, veiw user made content, friends etc.
And since Microsoft is pretty much retarded, I am unable to change these settings and they can’t fix it, so I wanted to know If I can change those privacy settings via modding with horizon.

1 Like

You can go to the xbox site and change it or on the xbox one

1 Like

I don’t remember seeing a privacy editor in horizon, although it should be possible to edit something like that for a non-live profile.

Give us some more info about your issue and we might be able to help you if you are just simply doing something wrong.

Just an immature, offensive, joke-question for the meantime: are you an 11 year old and your parents activated parental protection after they caught you watching hdcre ga pn?

I really didn’t want to explain the whole situation, but it looks like I’m going to have to…

It all started about 9 months ago when it would not let me accept Microsoft’s new terms of use, and thus not be able to sign in to LIVE. It just errored. So I talked with Xbox Support and they said I wasn’t linked to a “Parent Account”, so they gave me a bunch of instructions to link me with one through “Microsoft Family” or something. It didn’t work at all. I just played offline singleplayer games from then and all of a sudden I go to play something and I’m logged into Live. I thought they just fixed it on their own and didn’t think much of it.

About a week ago I decided I wanted to buy Trials Fusion through the Xbox 360 Marketplace. I attempted to add billing information, but it just errored when I clicked “Add billing information”. I was able to add info through Xbox.com instead of the console, and was able to get through that. But when I clicked “Confirm Purchase”(Back to the 360) It said I didn’t have permissions to purchase content. I knew that my permissions were set to “teen” because when I created the account it was automatically set to that, and I didn’t bother changing it. So I went into my privacy settings to change the purchase content permission, and when I hit “Save and Exit”, it errored saying “Can’t find email associated with this Microsoft account”. This makes no ■■■■■■■ sense at all, because my Microsoft account IS my email you dumb motherfuckers.(I probably shouldn’t have to point this out, but just in case, that was pointed at Microsoft, not you guys)

So I finally went to xbox support, and it was probably the longest spiel I’ve ever had with Microsoft. Somewhere along the line, they brought up that I wasn’t linked to a parent account, so my original issue a while back was not in fact fixed. Nothing they suggested or told me to do worked, so they finally told me the best thing to do was make a new adult account and they said they’d transfer all my data from my old account to the new one. While setting up the new account, they dropped my ■■■■■■■ call! I really did not want to contact them again and spend another 2 hours explaining what happened before. So I just gave up with the account.

Not entirely though. I bought Trials through my dad’s Xbox LIVE account, which should be the Parent Account because he HAD to make one so that I could use my LIVE account as a teen. And I remember doing that, so more evidence that this is Microsoft’s ■■■■ up, and not mine. So anyways, I bought it through his account and just played it on my account, but I am INCREDIBLY limited to what I can do in the game due to my permissions, so my last resort is modding. I am hoping I can mod the privacy settings and permissions (duh).

So yeah, hopefully that makes it clearer.

1 Like

if I had this problem id change the locale of the main Microsoft account aspect and then migrate xbox account hoping all the messed up crap gets reset because you will agree to new terms with the migration and it may fix if not ditch it and start again imo

1 Like

I forgot to mention, that’s exactly what I don’t want to do. I really want to stay with my current account because I have a lot of stuff that I’d rather not lose. I just need to change my privacy settings through horizon or something, because anything through Microsoft has gotten me absolutely nowhere, if not, I’ve gone backwards.

1 Like

Get on your dads account on the computer and change your account settings to adult :slight_smile: had the same problem when we were on the family plan it set all my settings to teen to

1 Like

That would be an easy fix but due to Microsoft being ■■■■■■■ retarded, and my account getting unlinked from the family and parent account, I am not visible on my dad’s account let alone able to be edited. So back to square one…

2 Likes

Get on your dads account and re link it to the family all you need it you email and pass

Once again, pretty much impossible; theres no place to do it!

Plus with the first issue (no parent account), they never suggested that, so it’s not as easy as that…

Bump?

Didn’t see this till now and can i ask do you have a Xbox One ? or 360 i can explain unless you cant talk to

But in the basic sense

Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.
Select Sign in.
Scroll down and select your account to sign in.
After you’re signed in, scroll left from Home to open the guide.
Select Settings.
Select All Settings.
Under Account, select Family. This section shows all the current members of your family.
Select Add to family.
Select the profile for the person you want to add, and then press the A button on your controller.

-360-

Be on the Dashboard
Go all the way to the Right
And you see the Family Option
then idk from there i dont use 360 much xD

1 Like

Your best option is to somehow change your birthdate on the account. Might have to sign into outlook or gmail or whatever you use to do that.

My account was stuck with teen restrictions years back when 1vs100 was on 360. I couldn’t play it until I fixed my settings, and I’ve had my account since 2004 so restarting was a no no. IIRC I had to call tech support to get it sorted. They just changed my age on the account (Was 19 at the time) and suddenly the teen restrictions were lifted. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Sorry for the very late response!

I have an Xbox 360 (You know, like I’ve been saying throughout the ENTIRE thread…)
And family settings are a no go, this has been offered to me, but the familly settings we (on my account and my dad’s) had before are all gone, and is not visible to anyone.

And no, I can’t change the birthdate; I’ve tried, and there is no possible way to do this, unfortunately. Hell, Tech Support just told me to make an entirely new adult account, and didn’t offer to change my birthdate >:c
Despite everything I told them.

1 Like

Chances are you just got a lazy tech guy. They CAN change your birth date for you. Sometimes you just have to call a few times till you get a not so shitty rep, this goes for any call center not just xbox. People are lazy and want to move on to their next call. Try asking for a supervisor

1 Like