Issue With Mcaffe & Wemod for State of decay YOSE

Hi,

I have use wemod for all my games, however when ever i try and load State Of Decay YOSE it is stopped by my anti-Virus …
it says it blocked a malware file and i cant figure out how to fix it, I added it to he permissions in my firewall but it still has the issue

Welcome to the community.

Follow the instructions in this thread please: Windows Defender marked WeMod as a Trojan - #2 by Ravenfyre.

Hi,

I have done that via Mcafee and it still gives me the issue

Some assistance with this would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Well my opinion would be and I used to use mcaffee wouid be to " git rid of it "
I just use windows defender now and works good enuf
Even defender flags some of the trainers too. Just need to allow them
Probably need to allow the trainer itself in your antivirus not only wemod

This is an issue with your antivirus program. It is resolved by making sure WeMod is added as an exception in your antivirus program, especially before you launch it after (re)installation.

Try this thread here: "Wemod failed loading the cheats into your game" / "We’re having trouble downloading the cheats" - #2 by Ravenfyre.

McAfee is one of those excessively trigger-happy antiviruses (the others being Nortons, Eset and BitDefender) who like to regularly block legit things on user’s PCs.
Back in the now-gone days when I used McAfee it caused me more problems than it solved. The final straw for me was when it blocked me from accessing the internet entirely - I mean sure that would stop me getting viruses, but at the same time stopped me working too. :laughing: