LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII Cheats and Trainer for Steam

I couldn’t find a fix for the corrupt abilities. Your best option is to start over and avoid the infinite items cheat, you can find a save online to start from New Game+

I’m Japanese sorry broken English.
Change to ability unknown ability when I synthesized, sold, discarded, leveled up.

1 Like

Use the reset items cheat. That’s what i added after a user requested it (read above)

1 Like

That was me. The reset items cheat doesn’t get rid of the “Unknown ability” slots, they’re still there taking up space, it just (hopefully) stops new ones from appearing. Like I said, it’s game breaking eventually no matter what, unfortunately. Less trouble to start over and avoid item cheats altogether.

1 Like

Thanks. I hope to fix this trainer.

I know theres a cheat for max items but is there anyway you can refine it so it only affect components? and add a cheat that adds all components.

I’m working on a Cheat Engine table for myself that gives unlimited components and monster drops without affecting abilities, weapons, shields, key items or recovery items. If I’m allowed I can link it here when I’m finished.

I don’t think there are rules against it. Maybe post it in it’s own thread though.

I made a file for myself last night and it all worked properly. This morning I spent an hour writing up a new thread with instructions on how to use it and thought I should test it with the current CE release before posting, and the item quantity addresses are all different so it’s useless. I don’t know enough about this sort of thing to know how or why, so there you go.

Good news is it’s possible to give yourself specific unlimited items, it’s just a bit tedious and seems to only work for the current session. If anyone wants instructions on how to do so, feel free to PM me or get in touch on discord (same username as here, just start a private chat because I don’t read the general one often).

You need to find the pointers. Seems like you only found the currently used value by simply searching it in CE.
Since everytime you start the game anew or sometimes even if you change level the adress changes you need a pointer to have it work always

Man i wish i read about this ability glitch sooner was almost at the end of the first run when my ability slot was maxed out with “unknown ability” and now im stuck. I dont suppose there is a way to fix this without the need to start all over again is there ?

1 Like

its a grate trainer i love it but i just have 1 problem i cant seam to geet rid of all these useless skills couse when i sell them it still say they are there and that they are a unreconised skill how to fix this

1 Like

I so wish I would have read this thread BEFORE getting 90% of the way through my first play through. Sadly I’m not finding any save states online for New Game+

1 Like

Any update? I just used this mod and I have tons of unknown ability. :frowning:

1 Like

The person who made this trainer is no longer part of Team WeMod, so this specific trainer is unlikely to be updated.

It might be possible for another trainer maker to take over and make a new trainer if there is enough interest in one, but the problem with this is that he game was released in 2013, so the majority of the player-base for this game has moved on now - so it’ll take a long time to generate enough interest. The game also has not been updated since this trainer was released, so it still functions.
It just seems that people need to be careful not to use a specific cheat. Have you tried the reset items cheat to see if this resolves your issue at all?

Sadly it didn’t work. Those unknowns will remain there forever. :frowning:

Any other mods on this game?

1 Like

I’m at the same issue. I can’t do anything anymore. I have to save before each battle and pray I don’t get another ability then reboot when I do.

1 Like

So, what are the cheat options that we should avoid to activate it ?? T_T

I’ve been using these cheats for a long while now. The only one to avoid is the unlimited items one. That will mess up your abilities list when you mix or sell them. The ability will turn into an unknown item that takes up a slot and there is no way to get rid of it unless you start a new playthrough or reload your save from before you used that cheat.

2 Likes

Hi, they just posted an update request. If each of us give 2 votes we can reach 1 thousand, come on people!