Making An XRPC Tool / No C#

Introduction
So with a little time i got XRPC’s to work in vb.net. I did this because its something different, and yes it is working, This should make it extremely easy for new XRPC programmers to code their tools.

Video

Current Code

Imports XRPCLib
Imports XRPCPlusPlus
Imports XDevkit
Public Class Form1
    Dim Jtag As New XRPC()
    Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Jtag.Connect()
        If Jtag.activeConnection Then
            MsgBox("Connected!")
        Else
            MsgBox("Unable To Connect")
        End If
    End Sub

'HMB: Collide

Private Sub Button2_Click(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
        If Jtag.activeConnection Then
            Jtag.Notify(XRPC.XNotiyLogo.FLASHING_DOUBLE_SIDED_  HAMMER, "Created By Collide")
        Else
            MsgBox("You need to connect first")
        End If
    End Sub
End Class

In the current code you will see there is another button, i just added a poke xNotify to the project

Download Project (SOURCE): http://www.mediafire.com/download/tsdazy8d6lh7uf1/Project+with+DLLs(2).zip

Can you clear up for me what it is you’ve done?

I hardly know c and this is very useful as I can tell. Nice post

How so?

he made a basic source for anybody to use as structure, anybody with basic knowledge could start off of this

But anyone with less than basic knowledge and especially anyone who would need the XRPC library would know to call XRPC.Connect() first and then and then to check with XRPC.activeConnection.

How is this at all helpful?

This is like me making thread showing how to use PackageIO and giving the following code:

class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            string pathToFile = "";
            PackageIO.EndianReader reader = new PackageIO.EndianReader(pathToFile);
            if (reader.IsOpen)
                Console.WriteLine("The reader is open!");
            else
                Console.WriteLine("The reader is not open.");
        }
    }

The code isn’t helpful whatsoever. It just shows how to create an instance of the EndianReader class. Likewise, the code in this thread just show how to connect and how to check if it’s connected, both of which would be extremely obvious to find just looking at the library.

I mean, what is the video even for?

EDIT: And check this out: if you download the project he provided, it doesn’t even say it’s from him.

Correct.
As soon as one of you makes a purchase it will automatically start downloading on the other console, too.
Even if it is something free.
games - ifgames - ifgames.net

Why does everyone keep making XRPC tutorials? Most of the people that are making these tutorials haven’t a clue as to what they are doing. This can be demonstrated by the fact that most of the tutorial creators use the outdated Visual Studio 2010, and that they copy and paste most of the code for the tutorials. I don’t mean to offend anyone personally, but I feel bad for whoever developed the XRPC library. His valuable work is going to end up like X360, used by people who have little or no coding experience prior to making mod tools. To the people who are just beginning, avoid making the mistake that I made and learn the language before implementing it in any tools.