Mass Effect 2 Cheats and Trainer for Steam

Well, it says that there is no game installation on my computer

Ignore that, Origin sucks at providing install locations so infinity canā€™t find it.

Click on Find Game and choose the game dir yourself (the base of game install).

1 Like

IĀ“m trying that, but it does not detect it, I even made a folder and it doesnĀ“t show the game.

You have ME2Game.exe in your Mass Effect 2\Binaries folder?

1 Like

I do.

Why isnā€™t it working then. Which folder are you trying to choose?

1 Like

I have a desktop folder with the game in it, but itĀ“s not showing me the game, itĀ“s my first time trying with a Origin version, so I donĀ“t know how to open it. And when I try to open the folder with Infinity it just shows me the core folder

Oh ok. Select Mass Effect 2 folder when you click Find Game. Donā€™t worry if the exes donā€™t show up, the open dialog that infinity opens is for folders not files so only folders appear.

1 Like

Ohhhā€¦ Thank you C: I didnĀ“t know that :v ThatĀ“s why IĀ“m not a programmer.
It works now.

hey @STN I get this with the steam version, I think it is because infinity tries to launch ME2Game.exe but steam tries to launch MassEffect2.exe

It only works for origin version, seeing as more people had this version.

well it works with the steam one if you go in the files and launch it from the ME2Game.exe
also thatā€™s where Infinity detected it

You can also just rename the exe file. Make a backup just in case though

I am getting this error too.
I have the steam version & have renamed the exe to ME2Game.exe
Infinity starts the game but then says it cant be found.
Does it use a different process name for steam?
Is there another way to get it to detect the game?

Launch the game yourself then attach infinity

Cheers

Not sure how to attach Infinity, after I have started the game Infinity just shows a ā€œstart gameā€ button.
If I push this, it just tries to start the game again.

Huh, infinity isnā€™t detecting the game then. Can you post your folder screenshot where ME2Game.exe is? I forgot how steam and origin folder structure was.

Here we go.
Thanks for helping

You didnā€™t show the size lol but ME2Game.exe should be the one with bigger size. If it is and itā€™s still not recognizing, idk what the issue could be, maybe @frank would have an idea.

Sorry
Hope this is better.