Mass Effect 2 Cheats and Trainer for Steam

Are you sure you’re running me2game.exe because look at the size of the other exe, it shouldn’t be that big or big at all or perhaps exist. I am thinking steam is still running masseffect2.exe instead of me2game. Can you launch the game if you remove masseffect2.exe?(back it up somewhere).

Look at this (origin)

For some odd reason, Infinity will successfully launch ME2 from the program, but apparently is still unable to detect the location of the game’s installation, and doesn’t ask me to find a path to it. It just says “Launch the game again and press “Start Game” on Infinity.” and even that doesn’t work.

Can anyone help me out?

Which version of the game do you have installed? Origin? Have you tried starting the game outside of Infinity and pressing Start Game once it’s fully loaded?

Yeah the Origin version is what’s installed. And yes, I’ve tried executing the file outside of Infinity.

Does this happen with any other game in Infinity? Try running Infinity as an Administrator just to rule security out.

No that doesn’t seem to be it either. Like always, Infinity says “there is already an instance of this program running” and keeps scanning for where it’s installed, and I get the same errors again.

I will download the game and see if i can recreate this error.

1 Like

@VoxTheHero Fixed, the issue was i was launching MassEffect2.exe which is a bogus exe and does nothing. Me2game.exe is what should have been launched.

2 Likes

Where can I find that executable?

Nevermind, I found it using the search tool

That’s fixed it, I think. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks, STN.

1 Like

It was not for you to find but me. You just had to select the base game folder which i think you did :slight_smile:

I’ve the same Problem, but i use the Steam Version. I tried it to pick the Game Exe manually, nothing works. Yesterday there wasn’t a problem

@Wraith79 Ah jeez. Does your game launch from MassEffect2.exe ?

No, i cant launch it from the main Game exe…i can do it via Steam or with the Launcher. It’s weird, the Trainer works all the time, today it brokes after the last update for the Game.

Go to your game directory and try to launch MassEffect2.exe. Does your game launch from that? Or does it launch from ME2Game.exe?

No, i cant launch it from the MassEffect2.exe ! I dont even have a ME2Game.exe in my folder. I can find a MassEffect2Launcher.exe in the Main Folder and a MassEffect2Config.exe in the Binaries Folder (where u can find the MassEffect2.exe too) !

Can you screenshot your game folder (and binaries) ?. I am so confused right now, my origin install has totally different things going on there.

1 Like

Thought so. Origin has ME2Game.exe as main exe and that’s what infinity tries to look for/launch. If i support origin, steam breaks and vice versa.

@frank any ideas?