Everytime I try to download a map for Minecraft Xbox 360, Minecraft says that the file is damaged or corrupt. I have used multiple Flash Drives, Multiple Accounts, and no luck. Anything I can do?
A lot of people have been having similar problems with MC saves. Try the method below and it should work for you. I add them for my son all the time and this method always works. Good luck.
- Put one of your own saves onto your flash drive.
- Open that save in Horizon.
- Drag the downloaded MC map into Horizon.
- Position them side by side like this: [details=Open Me]
- Ok, so your own save is to the right and the new MC map is to the left.
- Copy and paste the 3 IDs from your save over to the MC map one by one.
- Now do Save, Rehash & Resign, wait for confirmation and do it a second time as once doesn’t always work.
- Now click on Save to Device in the upper right corner and select your device, click yes to save changes.
- Now the MC map is signed to your profile and ready to play.
- You can either move it to your 360’s hard drive or load it from your USB drive.
I am doing the same thing sorta, I am trying to convert worlds back onto xbox from PC. I want to replace the world with the save file from the PC version. The message appears, ‘Invalid Signature type detected for the loaded package. Halting Reading. Please make sure the file is a valid Xbox 360 XContent Package…’ What does this mean? I supposedly converted the PC Save to Xbox with a Converter that said save successful. Horizon doesn’t seem to cooperate.