Miss my WeMod buddies, just been very busy catching up with projects!

As I haven’t been very active in the forums lately, I’ve received a few messages checking up on me, which is most appreciated. I’ve simply been extremely busy, primarily with catching up with home repair projects, and caring for my father. Dad was in a car accident (he’s fine and it was the other driver’s fault), so I’ve been handling all the driving as he doesn’t feel comfortable with the rental vehicle. Thankfully, he’ll get his vehicle back today.

Most of my time has been spent working on basement repairs. Two rooms of baseboard/trim had to be redone due to water damage prior to having the basement waterproofed. As the basement is paneled, I had to implement a custom solution with different types of polymer baseboard/trim. After mitering all the pieces, I had to match the original paint, and have spent that last few weeks painting and installing each piece. Even with pneumatic tools, it is an arduous project.

Whenever I’m working on a project, it tends to be an all-day task. By the time I’m done for the day, I’m ready for a meal, shower, and then bed. Ergo, I simply haven’t had much time to even get on the computer. Nonetheless, all is well, just have a lot to get done. Thankfully, the work is no longer weather-dependent, so I’ll have more time to myself, though I’ll still be busy until the work is complete.

I’ll be around off and on through October, my responses might just be delayed a bit. My plan is to finish several outstanding tasks throughout the house by the end of the year. The key is finishing the basement, which should be done by the end of the month. There is a lot of detail work, and needless to say, it is rough on my back crawling around on the floor. Nonetheless, it will be worth it when all is said and done, just seeing my father’s pride in my work is reward enough.

1 Like