Need help with buying something

According to amazon the fire tv only works in us, uk, germany and japan.

Edit: google tells me Germany isn’t in Scandinavia.

2 Likes

Yeah I guess if it’s literally for only streaming these are good options. Rokus (not the stick one) are really good as well. I just figured you wanted a bit more utility out of it.

If you get the Chromecast you can stream the video from the pc in your bedroom as long as they are on the same WiFi.

1 Like

So I would also say Intel Nuc, we have one in our bedroom for watching few movies and stuff like that. And it’s enough for us.
Specs are: Intel i3-6200U, 8GB Ram, 240gb ssd, w10 home 64bit.
Price was round +/- 420 bucks.

420 bucks is a bit over the budget, i don’t want to pay that much just for watching netflix, but i figured out apparently smart tvs dont need anything to watch 4k netflix, but i kinda want to be able to use my pc on my tv too, not sure what to get for that. maybe chromecast.

I think chromecast will only stream netflix and such and not work as a wireless display adapter. You could get a wireless display adapter.

ahh okay cool. do you know of a good one?

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter V2 seems good. I haven’t used one so I can’t give you much info, better for you just to google for it.

1 Like

Chromecast does work as a wireless display adapter

1 Like

You can also, with a little know how (isnt hard), jailbreak the chromecast to make everything on there free.

Unless there are new ones you can “jailbreak” (I haven’t looked into it) you have to use a certain old model and good luck finding one. I worked retail a couple years ago and I had a coworker searching through all the ones we had looking for one.
People buy them all for that reason

You mean one like this… I have just laying around collecting dust?