New Version doesn't run anymore

@Traveljack1000 I tagged frank because he coded infinity so he might know why.

I am not going to suggest reinstalling windows. Maybe it will solve the problem but its too drastic like you said.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I’m looking forward to a solution… meanwhile I’m trying to figure out why it doesn’t run on my PC and at the same time works without any problem on my laptop…unfortunately my laptop is old and is not capable of playing any modern game…

Are there any special requirements to the system that I might have or not have in order to operate Infinity? Maybe I’m just missing some things that are not installed on my pc?

Check the Windows Event Viewer, and all the log files, to get some clue on the current issue which you are facing on your Gaming PC.

The logs would be just simple text files, written in XML format.

Apart from the Administrative Event log, Windows will also contain info pertaining to the following, other event logs like Security events, Setup and SYSTEM events etc, as well as Application events.

Type Windows+R to open the Run dialog, and enter eventvwr (or eventvwr.msc), and click on OK. You can also create a custom view, and then export the logs you need…

I did that, but there is so much information, that I put it aside me for a while, as I don’t want to waste more time on finding errors on my pc, which I never had before.
The main reason I use your program is because of Mafia III. Now one thing I learned not using your program: I start developing “skills” like patience, the need to find strategies to kill my ennemies… With infinity I just blast through everything and it runs faster… but not really more exiting… I think I will use it again if there comes a day (and it will surely come) when I have to re-install Windows…

I too am having the same issue as Traveljack1000. tried everything and still the same issue.

these are the log from Squirrelsetup:
2016-11-13 21:32:48> Program: Starting Squirrel Updater: --download https:// s3.amazonaws.com/wemod/infinity/releases/master
2016-11-13 21:32:49> Program: Fetching update information, downloading from https:// s3.amazonaws.com/wemod/infinity/releases/master
2016-11-13 21:32:49> CheckForUpdateImpl: Using existing staging user ID: bbd9a116-f0b9-5751-96cb-e759bd618fd2
2016-11-13 21:32:49> CheckForUpdateImpl: Downloading RELEASES file from https:/ /s3.amazonaws.com/wemod/infinity/releases/master
2016-11-13 21:32:49> FileDownloader: Downloading url: https://s3.amazonaws.com/wemod/infinity/releases/master/RELEASES?id=Infinity&localVersion=2.0.55&arch=amd64

i finally got this to work if you run %appdata% and delete Daring development and the infinity folder and do a fresh install it might work. ill keep you updated if it sticks.
These Steps helped me out

I did this… I removed everything as far as I know… scanned my pc on all leftovers from Infinity, cleaned the registry and on and on… it still doesn’t work.

@frank ?

I know, but that was just to get some clue on your current issue, provided you can make something out of the Event LOG files.

I just gave a temp workaround/suggestion, until you get a response from FRANK.

Thanks! It might take a bit…

Hi, I uninstalled Infinity today once again and installed it at 9:14 am this morning. This is the log which I found that was created at the same time:
I’m sorry it is in Dutch…

Logboeknaam: Application
Bron: MsiInstaller
Datum: 15-11-2016 09:14:58
Gebeurtenis-id:1040
Taakcategorie: Geen
Niveau: Informatie
Trefwoorden: Klassiek
Gebruiker: RODE_DUIVEL\Sjaak
Computer: Rode_Duivel
Beschrijving:
De volgende Windows Installer-transactie wordt gestart: {B72B0ECD-F1BB-46A6-B462-5F9C33A39BAB}. Id van clientproces: 1072.
Gebeurtenis-XML:

0x80000000000000

Application
Rode_Duivel

{B72B0ECD-F1BB-46A6-B462-5F9C33A39BAB}
(NULL)
(NULL)
(NULL)
(NULL)

Logboeknaam: Application
Bron: MsiInstaller
Datum: 15-11-2016 09:14:58
Gebeurtenis-id:1042
Taakcategorie: Geen
Niveau: Informatie
Trefwoorden: Klassiek
Gebruiker: SYSTEM
Computer: Rode_Duivel
Beschrijving:
De volgende Windows Installer-transactie wordt beëindigd: {B72B0ECD-F1BB-46A6-B462-5F9C33A39BAB}. Id van clientproces: 1072.
Gebeurtenis-XML:

0x80000000000000

Application
Rode_Duivel

{B72B0ECD-F1BB-46A6-B462-5F9C33A39BAB}
(NULL)
(NULL)
(NULL)
(NULL)

Where was this LOG file placed, which location on your system ? So, were you able to properly install Infinity, or it’s the same situation as before ?

From the log info you posted, problem seems to be related to the MSI Installer package, imo, but we can’t jump on any conclusion, because the log doesn’t seem to specify the error.

The above Installer can be used to install software on computers, and/or used to remove currently installed software and to replace/repair already installed app.

Could be an OS issue, and/or related to the Cached Installer in some cases (not fully sure though).

Check this installed path as well, i.e. C:\Users\Your UserName\AppData\Local\Package Cache{some random numbers} folder, to remove any previous traces of Infinity.

Look for the ROAMING folder as well, under AppData. Some folders can found under “Roaming” as well.

Assumption:

If Windows cannot properly load the Setup.msi file, then either the flle is corrupt/missing, and/or is infected with a Virus or malware (in some cases).

Corrupt Windows registry keys can also sometimes attribute to a similar error. If the Windows Installer engine is corrupt, disabled, or installed incorrectly, then this may cause program installation issues.

But, if you can easily install and run all other apps/programs on your OS, then you can rule this out.

Btw, an MSI is a Windows Installer database. It is executed by an exe file called MSIEXEC.EXE. This app reads the data in the MSI file, and then executes the installation

Windows Installer (which is a service installed with Windows OS), uses this to install software on your system (e.g. copy some files, set registry values, among other things).

I would just make sure that the Windows Installer service is not set to Disabled.

This can be checked by typing services.msc in the Search box, or just click Run then type services.msc in the dialog box.

On a side note, give this link a read, if necessary.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

edit: any progress yet ?

1 Like

Well, I’m sorry to say that I didn’t want to spend hours to find out what is wrong with my computer. I startet to have some other minor issues and decided to re-install Windows.
With that, the problem is solved. Infinity works like a charm. Of course now we can’t find out what the trouble was… but do we always want to know?
Thanks for the help from your side.
Jack

I get error code 5 and 10 when playing Fallout 4, and far cry 4. New version doesn’t work properly. I will try some of tips mentioned above.

btw using win 10 so. brand new PC. without Infinity all games work fine.

error 5 is permissions denied error. Do you have an antivirus that could be the culprit here?

Also try to see if its wmic error, try the suggestions in this thread

Thanks bunch for the tips, @Nick_666

i removed all the folders like you mentioned and suggested, roaming/appdata, and now infinity seems to work fine now after i reinstalled from the link you gave.

thank heaps nick…:slight_smile:

just an EDIT: sometimes i need to repeat the suggestion process as posted above by nick to make Infinity work…Is the roaming folder necessary, btw ?

2 Likes

The installer creates these folders under AppData path, and both ‘local’ and ‘roaming’ locations might be necessary for the Infinity app to function properly.

You shouldn’t mess with them, unless absolutely necessary (for troubleshooting).

1 Like

k thanks for the info.

edit: your solution still works fine. sometimes i need a system reboot thou…thnks

You edited your post some minutes ago, right? Otherwise this would be bumping.

Both Infinity folders in appdata/roaming are recreated (if deleted) when launching Infinity, so you don’t have to worry about that.

The folder in appdata/local however is where the neccecery Infinity files are located and shouldn’t be molested.