Original Xbox Backwards Compatibility Possible in the Future

[/img]The Xbox One could one day be backwards compatible with original Xbox games.

Backwards compatibility, the can of worms Microsoft opened at E3 2015 when it announced the Xbox One will be able to run Xbox 360 games, got a lot of fans excited.

The process is complicated as it’s effectively running a virtual Xbox 360 on Xbox One hardware. Not all games will carry through since not every publisher is willing to, but most games should. It’s a great way to have access to old favourites without digging in the discs.

But what about the other classics, the ones that came out only on the original Xbox? Microsoft is not ruling it out, but don’t expect it any time soon.

Xbox’s Phil Spencer answered one fan on Twitter who had the same inquiry. “I don’t think it’s silly,” said Spencer.

“I ask the BC team this question a lot. Need to finish 360 BC for now.”

While this would require some technical grunt work, the larger question is always whether or not it’s worth the investment.

Source: TheTechGame.com

Microsoft has said they do many things… But never came through once… But please check out my website: http://merk450r.wix.com/hades-v-modding-crew

Would you care to stop spamming your ‘website’.

On topic, I hope this actually happens, but I doubt they would allow you to play halo 2 from its disc as its on TMCC.