Pay to cheat?

ahaha @Telarius you made me fall off my computer chair when you said “rather british statement” yet I’m 110% aussie lol. God love ya tho @Telarius you made my day! :heart: :+1:

2 Likes

@I3loodDevil, at least you didn’t take it as an insult, lol! I suppose I should have actually looked at your profile page. Your choice of words reminded me exactly of what my friend Darren would say. My mom always wanted to visit Australia as a family, and dad couldn’t handle the trip now, even if she was around. Still, it is still on my “bucket list”.
:sweat_smile:

1 Like

All good @Telarius one day you’ll come over and I’ll shout you a beer on me… :slight_smile:

I would be honored my friend @I3loodDevil. Do you like Foster’s? My family is full-blooded German, and mom used to buy dad “Beers of the World” gifts for Christmas when I was but a young boy. Dad always shared them with us, and Foster’s has been a favorite to this day. I always favored that beer, long before the commercials.

Even in college, I remember frequently ordering either Foster’s or Warsteiner (if it was available). Foster’s is smoother is my opinion, but when my folks came to visit when I lived in North Carolina, we’d always go to The Waldhorn restaurant, and order a pitcher of Warsteiner to celebrate. It was one of the few places we could get it, and became a tradition until they could no longer make the trip.

Still, it is nice to be back in Akron, Ohio. I’m not a fan of the weather, but I was born and raised here. A lot has changed since my return, but it is still “home”. Frankly, there are few greater honors than helping him with the DIY work he can’t handle, and isn’t worth hiring a contractor for. The next big task is replacing trim/baseboards in the basement that suffered water damage prior hiring a contractor to handle the waterproofing.

Still, not starting on that project until later this week, it is going to be a real pain, a lot of detail work. Thankfully, he plans for us to go to the Akron Zoo tomorrow, haven’t used our membership this year. We usually just zip through the place, primarily interested in the “big cats”. We made a family donation long ago, to have a brick placed there (picture enclosed). Later, my father and I had glass plaque contributed in my mom’s name after cancer took her from us.

She loved animals, and especially the “big cats” who would come greet her using the tricks I taught her about feline communication. Dad and I stop to visit the other animals, but the “big cats” are very responsive to the same things house cats are. Mind you, I wouldn’t want to be in their domain, but it is nice to see them relax and show trust. (i.e. blinking and showing a relaxed body language).

Never did I think dad would become a “cat person”, but the more he learns, the more he bonds with Flame (my Flame-Point Siamese), who he knows is a complete sucker for him. He literally “guards” my father when he naps, or showers, he seems to understand he’s a “senior human”. All that matters to me is they love one another and Dad smiles again. Dad is the “go to guy” when he wants to go out on the porch, which is adorable.

The Akron Zoo is always a fun trip. We stop to watch quite a few of the exhibits in a very humane and natural habitat. Still, it is different when one can actually “communicate” with a species. In the one picture, you can see the lioness blink back at us, confirming “You are fine with me”. Her and her mate plopped down very close for a nap, an endearing moment.

Anyway, nice chatting with you as always. I’m sure tomorrow will be an enjoyable trip. There is a new Sumatran Tiger I want to meet, as well as the Snow Leopard cubs. By now they should have slowed down enough to respond to some level of communication. The worst thing people do is stare, as to a feline, it means an aggressive stance. They begin pacing and become pensive, often retreating to their indoor areas. We always try to get their early so they are more responsive.

I’m sorry @Telarius for your loss of your mum…I really hope they fight this cancer crap soon and stop it from killing us…prob the same for aids and other diseases that kill us as well… I hope we can become good friends and play games together when you got time…But clearly atm I’m a little stumped at where i am living, I moved to rural country-side and the only internet I could get is Satellite NBN 25/5…with a data limit of course of 100GB during the day and 140GB during the night at 1:30 am each morning…it sucks because it runs out so fast, I try to keep a eye on it and not download updates, games or anything that could make it get eaten up like a pacman on heat :laughing: but I will be moving in 2 and half months back to the city so I will have unlimited 100/40 NBN soon.

1 Like

I feel exactly the way you do, every Bioshock cheat is locked, I can toggle the cheat but it won’t do crap, because I need premium (take in mind I am referring to the entire series). I remember when I didn’t need a premium account to use all of the cheats. :frowning:

Absolutley not. Every cheat in wemod is still free.
Maybe you should ask questions first and someone can help you
I play bioshock once a week and it works fine
Maybe your virus protection is causing a problem
And its for the remastered version

Well I’ll certainly be looking forward to your move back to the city @I3loodDevil, life without reasonable Internet isn’t the same! I went through that in North Carolina before I moved home to Ohio and had switched providers in preparation for the move. I had abysmal speeds and data caps, absolutely awful. Thankfully, we have fiber here, so I traded far better weather for faster Internet. Expensive, but no data caps, and can’t beat the speed. By the time you get decent Internet, I should be done with the bulk of my basement projects.

I appreciate your thoughts regarding my mom, she was one of the strongest individuals I’ve ever known. We often butted heads on a great many things, but that was only because we were so much alike in many ways. When I returned home, I moved back into my old room, which she had converted into her “office”. It was filled with pictures of me throughout my life, quite touching. She had a photo I took for her of her favorite oak tree with my first digital camera. I still keep it on my dresser, as that tree is also where her ashes were scattered.

As a child, I always saw my dad as the “tough parent”, but that was truly my mom. When there was confrontation, and he needed someone aggressive, it fell to her. I never realized it until I was older and became the gestalt of their traits. Dad is more subtle, whereas I’m more like my mom and generally very direct. It is one of the reasons I’m so honored to be his caretaker, I take on many of the roles she handled for him.

Dad refers to me as his “business manager” when dealing with contractors and the like, as that was one of mom’s roles. It is always amusing to see the look on some people’s faces when they meet me and realize I’m his son. One contractor asked, “Is that your son?”, to which my father replied, “Yes, he is, but he’s also my business manager and consultant. Please defer to him regarding any questions you have regarding what needs to be done”.

Frankly, it truly is an honor for him to have such trust and pride, he’s a man who prefers a lot of control, much like myself. Nonetheless, we’ve learned to compromise based on one another’s strengths. He handles “political situations” and small talk, I ensure “the job gets done properly”. It’s worked out quite well, despite the occasional disagreement now and then, but that’s part of being a family.

FYI, the trip to the zoo was enjoyable as always. The only less than desirable aspect was the horde of ill-mannered, hollering kids that was there that day. Dad and I suspect that is where I picked up pneumonia based on the incubation period and my initial symptoms. Still, a fun trip, one of the bears was playing right by the glass with a toy like a child, just having a blast, quite the sight! Most of the big cats were sacked out, though the snow leopard came by for a quick “meet and greet”, before going into his hollowed-out log for a nap. Rather warm that day, so not surprising.

@ptondo, what is your stance on the remastered version of Bioshock? I saw it on sale and was thinking about perhaps picking it up one day. Not necessarily right now, but perhaps in time. Right now I’ve got plenty of games to keep me occupied.

Bioshock ? Me ? Well my favorite game of all time. That and borderland 1-2.
So have to say i love it , must have played oh what maybe 100 times lol can play it with my eyes closed hahaha

I have to agree there @ptondo. I Love bioshock series and borderlands 1 & 2…I hated the pre-sequel of borderlands. I’m getting into The Witcher 3: Wild hunt since I love all The Witcher games.

1 Like

what about those who cant upgrade to pro due to credit card problems or dont have enough points i think locking people out of cheat hacks is not a good way to go but it would be nice to know how long will these hacks stay pro for

No hacks are pro only?

Obviously, he’s misinterpreting. (And you know this.)

You can still use hotkeys to enable trainer options, they don’t require Pro. Only the interactive controls require a Pro membership.

1 Like

True. Sorry

just came to drop in my 2 cents. On the post about infinity not being able to compare with any other app for example netflix. I disagree. For example as a cheat-dev myself (personal not commercial) I can agree that making and updating PC cheats aren’t a small task. However they also aren’t a huge task either. Now where we look at pricing I believe there are others that can compare and be better. However For PC>PC I have not looked. But have for PS4. For this example Savewizzard for ps4 has a one-off payment of $59.99 for the whole thing past present and future and gets updated regularly. IMO PS4 codes are harder due to the OS updating as much as the games are and needing to manually hack a system each OS update to test on and create these codes, I also believe its harder for ps4 due to the usage difference between a ps4 and a PC worldwide.

For PC The OS updates Don’t affect the cheat in any way (unless changing platform) are easier (easier not easy before someone snaps at that as personally its difficult but not overly stressful) and whats more is most of the time you can import a cheat that someone else has done for example fling and mrantifun, There are also a wealth of tutorials on youtube on how to create a trainer using cheat engine (a hex editor which I presume what infinity runs off of due to the PC gaming nature) so offering the cheats free but extra stuff for pro is a good idea. What I PERSONALLY find distasteful is the price frequency. There could be a one-off payment variant for example because if more people are like me (working most of the day/night) and rarely get time during each month to play a game it would be nice not to worry about using around 2% of what you bought (based on time) as I noticed mention that some cheats and games would come up as pro-only.

Pro’s and cons?

The mobile app, vote tokens and points should 100% be a pro feature as they are above-basics
However IMO the UI buttons and theme shouldn’t really be a paid feature. Leaning toward the Buttons I personally play using 2 screens. Main screen having the game and 2nd having something like youtube or a bluray playing. For trainers I keep my mouse handy and use a controller while sat on the couch. Its an inconvenience to keep getting up to get to the desk to activate/deactivate a cheat.

Something I have also noticed (maybe should be a bug report) is that the infinity client does not like steam. Or at least my steam as only a handful of around 200+ games work.

For example: Sleeping dogs: Definitive edition OCT 14 2014:
Clicked play, waited, Received an error saying “We’re having trouble loading the cheats into your game. Try restarting the game, or pressing Help for more info” Clicking “ok” dismisses this box and the cheats do not work, Clicking “Help” Seems to have the same effect. Also noticed this on the following steam games:

FFXV windows edition: sep 3 2018
Kingdoms and castles: aug 19 2018 (requested update)
FFXIII Lightning returns: Feb 17 2016

-AWP
#End of message <3

We appreciate the feedback!

A lot of hard work goes into developing WeMod. Pro is a way for people to show their continued support for the app while also getting some extra perks. The interactive controls are above basic in many cases.

The price frequency is there for a reason. We are constantly improving and developing the app. If we were providing an app that was updated once every 5 years, then maybe a one time payment would work. In our case, a one-off payment would be far too expensive.

There’s a reason so many products are switching this to the model. It’s the model that lasts. (Adobe CC and MS Office are two big examples.)

2 Likes

I’m sure they were shaking in their boots after reading that one. A user who is saying they will never give you any money for your product that they must like since they are using it and will take their $0.00 a month/year business else where XD

Developing the app, adding new features (like version guard), improvements, along with adding support for new games (usually in just 2 or 3 days for new releases even smaller indy games) plus updating trainers when game updates break them etc etc. These things along with even just this site cost money to do/run. Duh you can get cheat/trainers else where and for free. And you go ahead and do that if you find these guys to greedy with their insane limiting of free accounts, like… not being able to switch cheats off and on with your phone and some extra voting points to show what game you’d like to be added oh and of course… oh wait that’s it. Well still sounds basically unusable to me if you don’t cough up for pro :wink: Being serious though, yeah you can use things like cheat engine, and find random trainers for most games but let me know if you find something that is as simple and easy to use as WeMod that’s completely free with not even a option to give the devs money, and no ads in the app. And you know you can trust it 100 percent and not have to worry about getting a malicious file while downloading some random trainer for a game. Oh and auto updates if it stops working with the game because of a patch released for the game and lets you roll your game back to a previous version if you want until the trainer is updated automatically for you. Good luck with that, but I’d be willing to bet money you’re still happily using WeMod :slight_smile:

1 Like

I cant use the program so I guess it is pay to use this. WTH are you talking about? Is there some hidden feature that allows us to bypass?

You need to use they hotkeys to activate cheats. Pro is only required for the remote and interactive controls.

It’s not working. I tried the toggle in Banished and Sniper Elite V2.
Should I just keep trying games?