Performance Problems

Hi Forum,

I’m encountering some problems after the latest update (dunno if it’s really the updates fault). Every game I start via Wemod runs like crap. Lags, fps drops etcetcetcetc. If I start the game without Wemod, then it runs fine. Idk if it’s a coincidence, but the latest trainers for the games are from MAF. Before I had the problems, I reinstalled Wemod (after Wemod went down temporarely).

Encountered it with the following games:

• Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2
  • Vampyr
  • Frostpunk

My Rig:

• Ryzen 5 2600X
  • Asus Strix x470-F Mainboard
  • 16 GB Ram
  • RX Vega 56 with newest Driver
  • Win 10 Pro 1809

If a DXDiag is needed, please let me know.

oflegions

1 Like

Can you press Ctrl + Shift + D while WeMod is open and post a screenshot of the console output? This will aid in troubleshooting your issue.

I have a hunch that it could be something antivirus or advanced security related. If you have Comcast as your ISP, then I would look into disabling the advanced security (Xfinity xFi) setting they recently implemented. Here’s a direct link on how to disable it: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security.

Post back with your results!

Hello User_N4m3,

thank you for your reply.

I’m kinda overwhelmed with the console output? What part of it is important?

app-bundle.js:1 WeMod v6.2.5
vendor-bundle.js:1 INFO [aurelia] Aurelia Started
vendor-bundle.js:1 WARN [html-sanitizer] CAUTION: The default HTMLSanitizer does NOT provide security against a wide variety of sophisticated XSS attacks,
and should not be relied on for sanitizing input from unknown sources.
Please see https://aurelia.io/docs/binding/basics#element-content for instructions on how to use a secure solution like DOMPurify or sanitize-html.
e. @ vendor-bundle.js:1
vendor-bundle.js:1 INFO [trainer] Initialization started. PID: 7132604, TID: 7133468
vendor-bundle.js:1 INFO [trainer] Calling trainer Setup()…
vendor-bundle.js:1 INFO [trainer] Trainer fully initialized.

–> That part?
Regarding the ISP: I’m from Germany, so no Comcast for me :slight_smile: I’ve added Wemod to my Antivirus-Whitelist (GData), but the problem persists…

Regards,
oflegions

Addendum: I also encountered problems with Battlefield V on Origin. Again, trainer von MAF, plus I had do manually add the path to the exe-file.

Usually the console output will have some indication as to what’s going on, but this output looks like the trainer injected or at least initialized successfully.

Not sure what else could cause the problems you’re having, but the usual checklist is:

1. External game mods (move to recycle bin or remove completely).

2. Cracked or pirated games (get retail copy).

3. Any antivirus interference (disable completely and test).

If none of the above items apply to you or mitigate the issue, then I would recommend a clean reinstall of WeMod:

1. Uninstall WeMod via control panel then remove this folder (C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local\WeMod) if it still exists.

2. Disable your antivirus then restart your PC.

3. Reinstall WeMod from here: https://api.wemod.com/client/download.

4. Test the problem games.

Let me know if any of this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Soo, I did try what you suggested, it seems like my Antivirus is kinda the culprit. I completely deactivated it (there are serveral modules you need to deactivate) and then BF V was running smooth af. So I need to find a way to make it work…

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem! Glad to hear it’s working!

To make WeMod work with your antivirus, you should white-list this folder (C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Local\WeMod) in any applicable module of your antivirus.

1 Like

Ok, so I managed to find the cause of my problem: GData has a process running called “GData Filesystem Monitor Service”, which watches every process running and tries to find any malicious code or behaviour. While this is “good”, it causes my RAM-workload to skyrocket, nearly topping off my 16 GB. Once I deactivate the process, my system resumes it’s normal state…

In conclusion: Antivirus bad! Even adding Wemod to the Whitelist doesn’t help.

1 Like

Sounds like you have a VERY protective antivirus.

Glad you figured it out :slight_smile: