Please Help This is Getting Frustrating

I’ve looked through every thread, followed every instructions, and nothing seems to be working. First red flag is that WeMod is only able to download via the offline installer, something I noticed when trying to reinstall. This is something I don’t remember happening the first time I installed it. The main issue, though, is that when I hit the play button (game is open, I tried the custom file address, I tried with a vpn, my anti-virus is turned off, I tried to switch to beta like one thread said but it won’t even update to the beta version, etc.) it never activates. Instead of hearing the activation noise and being able to select certain cheat, it just loads for eternity. For context I’m at college, so it’s not my internet, but I tried a vpn as well as launching the cheats without internet (the game I’m playing doesn’t require internet connection). A solution would be great because this is getting really frustrating, I used this application religiously and now it’s not working.

2 Likes

Hello!

Have you checked Steam News to see if the game (the name of which you haven’t mentioned) had an update recently and therefore the trainer will need an update?

I’ve tried it with every game I own, but the game I’m trying now is Total War Attila. Also, I don’t think Attila gets updates anymore.

Other than making sure WeMod is added as an exception in your antivirus, try disabling any third-party mods you’re using with the game, if any.

The entire Total War franchise is actually not very cheat friendly. Every trainer provider has problems with the Total War games. The developers just don’t think about cheaters when they develop their games.

That didn’t work either. It doesn’t seem to be an issue with the game I’m playing, it worked fine when I played Cyberpunk with and without third party mods. That was about a month ago, and I played online games for a while. Now that I’m getting back into single player games I attempted to use WeMod again because it worked so well in the past. I did a fresh install of WeMod and tried it out but haven’t been able to get it working.

****I should say that it worked with Total War for me in the past, and that this is the first time I’ve had issues

If the issue is occurring for more than one game then it is most likely something blocking WeMod from either downloading correctly (ie, a network firewall) or injecting into the game (ie, an antivirus).

Try out the troubleshooting here: “Wemod failed loading the cheats into your game” / “We’re having trouble downloading the cheats” - WeMod Support

Your educational institution likely has a security feature that is beyond your control, as stated in the link above. There are a couple of recommended VPN options. If those don’t work you could try seeing if you can download WeMod via a different internet connection, such as at a friend’s house or a local fast food restaurant/coffee shop.

1 Like

I’ve tried VPNs, no luck. The school’s internet seems to be the only logical reason. Thanks for the tip though I didn’t think of that. I originally downloaded WeMod at home and the update came through at school which is probably where things went wrong. Thanks for the help!