Pleased to be a part of the community, Infinity is absolutely amazing!

First off, I’m software engineer by trade who has taken on a caretaker role for my 87 year-old father. I’ve always enjoyed games, but the older I get (I’m 45 now), the more I find myself getting frustrated with more difficult games. In that regard, I’m very much a “casual gamer”. I use Steam, and generally play single player games, with the occasional co-op multi-player thrown in. I go by the handle “Telarius”.

I’m always thankful when a game has Steam Workshop support built-in, as someone almost always creates a trainer or way to gain an advantage. However, for those games that do not, I tend to avoid 3rd party mods, despite reliable sites such as Nexus. For me, it is just a lot to keep track of when one has a lot of responsibilities, and gaming is just a way to relax when I have time.

I recently stumbled upon Infinity while playing MIddle-Earth: Shadow of War. As much as I enjoyed the game, I found it endlessly frustrating. After weeding through some rather sketchy-looking trainers, I found Infinity and given reviews, figured I’d give it a go. I was absolutely thrilled to see how many games it supported, it was exactly what I was looking for! I’ve actually be able to enjoy Shadow of War, and intend to use Infinity with many of my other more frustrating games.

Eventually, I hope to see support for XCOM: Enemy Within, but am happy with just having Enemy Unknown for now. Infinity is really an amazing tool, and makes things so much easier. I’m pleased to be a part of the community, as games should be fun, not frustrating! Once again, I’m proud to be a part of the community, and think Infinity is an amazing tool!

4 Likes

Welcome. It’s nice to see older gamers joining the forum. If you have any questions or suggestions, by all means, please let us know. Again, welcome to WeMod!

1 Like

Welcome! Glad to see you are enjoying Infinity. We are working on the next version of Infinity now and can’t wait to show you all.

1 Like

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am sincerely looking forward to the next version, as I’m sure it will be noteworthy to say the least! The idea of developing a single application to handle trainers for multiple games was a brilliant move. When finances permit, I will go pro for at least a month in order to try to support your work. It can’t be easy keeping up with version changes and the like.

I see Stinger has XCom: Enemy Within on his enormous to do list, which is awesome to see. Heck, the only reason I played XCOM 2 first was because there were Workshop mods that made the game significantly easier. Infinity makes it even better, allowing me to unsubscribe from the mods, and gain any advantage I need/want.

For whatever it is worth, even my father was impressed by Infinity. He doesn’t game, but understands for me it is a recreation, and in some ways, akin to his reading, I become part of a story. He had commented the other day “That game looks hard” (Shadow of War), to which I responded, “Not with this”, and showed him Infinity. He thought it was really a great concept.

The most difficult part of being an older gamer is not having a great deal of free time, and the loss of the coordination I used to have 30 years ago. I’ve rage quit more games than I can count, but Infinity gives me the edge I need to win on my terms in a single player environment. I thank you all for your hard work, and certainly will do all I can to support the project.

trust me @Telarius
infinity is the best mod trainer you can come by it is great for so many different game
i hope you have a great time with it like i am

1 Like

Ya welcom to wemod. Awsome place here. Lotta nice people and lotta help if you need it too !
I feel the older i get the more time i have daughter old enuf ( 21 )
And only problem i have is need to keep getting thicker glasses hahaha
But ya old gamers never die bought pong and atari new at the store. So im up there and dont see quiting any time soon. I hope !
If you need anything just ask !

1 Like

Indeed @ptondo, I would agree this is a great community, lacking in the toxicity that seems to infest many game-related forums elsewhere. Life is far too short to argue over trivialities. There are those who take gaming a bit too seriously, while for some of us, it is a recreation. I too, had an Atari 2600, as well as a SEGA Genesis many years later when it was all but outdated.

I laughed about the glasses statement, my screen is just a blur without mine, can’t see squat. Yeah, we old gamers never die out, we just learn to use tools like Infinity to give us the edge. I concur with @chogro, Infinity is really something, I’d say it supports at least 60%-70% of the games I own, at least the ones I actually intend on playing!

Right now, MIddle-Earth: Shadow of War has been the primary focus of my attention. With Infinity, I’ve been able to complete all the quests, and actually enjoy the game. I didn’t pick it up until they removed those blasted in-game transactions (Steam summer sale). If I wanted to gamble, I’d go to Vegas.

1 Like