App Horizon

Post your computer specs!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Yeah, I’m on a Haswell laptop and I’m regretting not waiting for skylake.

Honestly I would not overclock a laptop as that’s just gonna cause problems in the future. It may work at first but you’re gonna have lots of heat problems. Putting new thermal paste on the processor won’t do much considering you can’t put an aftermarket cooler on it. Best bet is to build a desktop.

Did you go from 970 > 980ti and was it worth it? I’m thinking about getting a 980ti and selling my 970 but it’s like a grand to buy a 980ti here…

Nah I just got a 980ti. You get about the same performance as 970 SLI without any of the issues. I mostly got it so I would be future proof for 3-4 years.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Using a laptop my grandfather got in 2011 for $2,000+

Pretty old, but it’s better than my old setup.
Going to upgrade the ram when I get the money.
I’m also thinking about getting an SSD.

An update to my system from my last post.
I also have Windows 7 32bit on here as well

More RAM is always better. Even if you don’t use it!

Edit: Responding to some posts above

Finally part of the #PCMasterRace.
Parts come in by Wednesday I believe.
Will I need another cooling unit for the 960? Processor has a built in heatsink and case comes built in with 3 fans.
Lemme know what y’all think.
Shout out to @Manga for starting me off with the build, I just changed some stuff in it :3.
P.S. SSD and peripherals will be bought in 2 more paychecks, cause I’m broke right now.

If you are overclocking upgrade the heatsink to a Noctua one or another quality cooler. Also if you can i’d recommend a SSD for a boot drive a 128gb drive will be plenty.

I got a 128gb drive for a boot and have 80gb free still.

I don’t plan to overclock since I have no idea how to lel (although it isn’t hard to research how to do it, just don’t want to at the moment), but I will keep that brand in mind in case I do.
And definitely getting an SSD, just have to wait for my next paycheck :. Spent like $1000 yesterday @_@.

Figured I’d add a little spec listing here:

CPU: Intel i7 4770K
GPU: MSI GeForce 980 GTX Gaming 4GB
MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65
RAM: 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400
CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i Water Cooling
PSU: Corsair HX850i
CASE: Corsair Carbide 400R
HEADSET: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless
MOUSE: Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum (primary), Logitech G502 Proteus Core (backup) or Steelseries Sensei
KEYBOARD: Logitech Orion Spark, Steelseries APEX 350 or Steelseries 6Gv2 Cherry MX

Haven’t delved into water cooling yet, soon though.

:smiley:

Looks like you have your 144Hz monitor at 60Hz… unless Specccy isn’t picking up on it. Other wise you should change that…

Also this is what I’m pushing now. Two 1TB SSD’s in RAID0.

probably running an hdmi

Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve seen someone running a 144Hz monitor at 60Hz and didn’t realize they had to change the setting out of the box. Not only that, that monitor comes with the DVI cord needed to run it at 144Hz.

Here’s mine, running water cooling w/ a custom loop and a link to my parts list:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/R2X6ZL

I have a few pictures of it that aren’t very good quality, will be changing out the coolant soon so I will get some updated ones.

Cpu: i7 6700k
Custom open loop liquid cooling
GPU: 2x 1080’s
PSU: CV corsair 1500 watt
Mobo: Asus rampage V
64 GB of corsair dominator 3400 MHz ram

Btw this is a rendering and game development rig that’s why it’s got the crazy specs :stuck_out_tongue: