Problems

I am new. I am old, 43, I think my 5 year old can do this better. He plays Minecraft through our XBox360. It took me forever
to figure out why I could not download him new maps. I do not know if I can yet. The old Horizon32 stopped recognizing
the usb drive. I could insert it (in 4 different slots), it would show that green bar at the bottom that it Horizon was reading it
and then…? Nothing! LOL.

Hopefully, with this new download it will work, but that is not why I am really posting in this forum. When I did finally find
the info that said I needed this new Horizon program, I clicked on the download button and…It was flagged by all 3 of my
ad/spamware programs. So I did not download it. I deduced, maybe Horizon did that to people who are not registered, so
I registered an account and tried again.

Again, I got the spam/adware hit from 3 different programs I run on this laptop. I went ahead and over road these programs
and started the download anyway. It downloaded. Clicked on the executable file and… the 3 ad/spam programs again with
the alerts. I over road them again.

We get to the actual download screen where they ask you if you want the standard download (recommended) or the
advanced. I would normally do the standard, but was curios because of all of the ad/spam hits. In the "Advanced Option"
what option did I have?

I can tell you, I had 4 options, everyone one of them were additional programs that were going to be added to my
computer that had nothing to do with horizon. I don’t even remember what they were at this point except, really?
These are the “Advanced” options? One was a program that would install a program that gave me 1000 game apps,
one was a social something or other and the other 2 were just such crap, I do not even remember what they were.

And before all of you jump on me, I do understand free websites and how they make money off of advertising, but this
wasn’t advertising. This was malicous software tagged by 3 different virus protection software programs.

I would hope, Horizon, that you would see this is NOT the way to go. Your company, this website has already been
tagged as a malicious website that installs unwanted malicious software.

Click the download Horizon button under my purple “ZODIAC” signature.

It will take you to a clean installer that just comes with Horizon, and is not bundled with all the extras. Report back and let us know how it goes.

Also, just to ease your mind a bit. The download button on the main page redirects you to a CNET installer. CNET is notorious for adding in bloatware to their installers. CNET is responsible for all those adware warnings you keep getting. If you decline every offer in the CNET installer and only pick Horizon, you shouldn’t have an issue.

The link in my signature is ONLY the Horizon installer and nothing else. The reason why this link can’t be added to the main download page is because of bandwidth issues as far as I know, the site just can’t handle that amount of traffic/downloads.

Hey dude, I do know what happened, but I replied a very long reply to your message back t me.
Maybe it was deleted? Because the problem that I have and have been having have got so damn comical, I could not
make this stuff ?? I didn’t think it was that bad, I did not cuss, not point fingers, just explained the issues.
why would it get deleted and censured?

If I do not get censured again, I will post an update very soon, my story keeps getting worse and worse!
Hell it could be a Shakesperian tragedy!

One more quick note, I started 2 days ago trying o get 11 new xbox360 maps downloaded, off and on for well over 48 hours. It only took
me an hour to find the an save them. The rest of the journey lies here with Horizon, Microsoft, Goggle and of course youtube. will be back. I started today at 5:30 pm AND still have NO maps down loaded to the xbox360. Now, I know what y’all are thinking, "this dude is a moron, an imbecile, maybe missing a few chromosomes? Sorry, No such luck! LOL

ok. I have downloaded Minecraft XBox360 at least 5 times before, and never one at a time. I would download 10 - 20 on USB while at work and bring them home to install on my Xbox for my 5 year old to play. With the original procedure, I learned it and had uploaded my
first se of maps in under an hour. I did it twice more after that. Then I had friends with children who did not know how to do it and I had already downloaded many maps and saved them on my lap top. I was familiar with the procedure. I had 1 USB formatted for the Xbox 360 and one used for maps. I went to their houses. I put USB in the Xbox 360 and moved their profile. The other USB I put in their computer and transferred the maps to the desktop. I downloaded Horzon32. It opened. I plugged in USB with profile. Horizon recognized
it. Clicked on inject new files. I had multiple. I clicked on the top on, held the shift key, clicked on the bottom one and it highlighted (selected) them all. Horizon asked me what profile I wanted to use, I picked, Horizon said successfully done. Easy.

Skip ahead 2 months. 4 personal set of map downloads and I did it for 5 other people at their houses, family and very close friends.

Skip ahead to 2 days and now 5 hours later. Guess what? Still no maps onXBox360! HaHaLOl

OK. I was off work on Wednesday. I reformatted on myXBox360 4 different USB’s. None worked (will get into a bit more detail later).
Every one one of those USB’S was tried many many different times. I would format on XBox360, then move gamers profile to USB. Take USB to laptop (new, running windows 8 with touch screen and fingerprint recognition) and my Horizon would not work. Now, keep in mind I had only downloaded Horizon32 two months before. While spending many hours doing this, time and time again, changing,reformatting, using different and buying new USB Thumb drives… No NONO WHERE on the Horizon App that I was using did it say…"WE have an new Horizon. some procedures have changed, please download a current copy of Horizon, now called HorizonMB. And, I come to learn this
is NOT a new development, as a matter of fact Horizon still has an active download for Horzn32. WHY?

SO, today, get home at 6 PM (It is now 2:00 AM) and I have been trying to download these maps since then. Still nothing. Still can not do it. TBC…

Do you have Skype? Maybe I can help you out a little bit more on there. PM me your skype name if you have one. Sorry you’re having so many issues man. We’ll try to get this sorted.

I hope y’all/you are still around. I still have been unable to do this. I could do it before, so I do not really know why I can’t now. I think maybe I left out an important piece of the puzzle, ALTHOUGH it did not use to matter. I am going to explain step by step what I am doing and what the response is.

1. I went online and found about 15 maps that I thought would be fun to play.
  2. saved them on a stick then transferred the maps to my desktop.
  3. I formatted the USB to XBOX 360
  4. I move the profile to USB (I have an xbox live account), but the profile I move is my sons, he is the one who plays it
  5. I already have Horizons already
  6. I also move a game save to USB
  7. I open Horizons. It sees my sons gamer tag
    :sunglasses: so under games, it shows a minecraft game and under profiles it has my sons gamer tag
  8. I right click the games tag and do insert files.
  9. I highlight the first map, hold shift down and click on the last so they are all highlighted and click on open
  10. it never asks me… save to this profile?
  11. pops up a screen that says files have been downloaded.
  12. the files show up in horizons under the minecraft tab
  13. there is no gamertag. Shows up as profile unknown
  14. i remove USB from computer and insert in the xbox
  15. Doesn’t matter what I do first, either move the gamer tag to the Xbox, find the maps and try to move them
  16. Get a message that says can not transfer between profiles
  17. Or i try to move maps first, still get the message unable to transfer files between profiles
  18. on USB the the maps are still profile : unknown

This has been going on for weeks. I gave tried every variation of these steps. I have googled, yahoo, Ask Me search engines
trying to find an updated video tutorial to no avail.

It worked before, so I do not know which side decided to make ‘Things Easier’!? What an oxymoron. This is crazy and ridiculous

PLEASE HELP ME

Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to download the maps properly

1. Open up your son’s profile in Horizon.
  2. Open up the maps in Horizon and do the following.
  3. Copy the ‘Profile ID’ code and paste it into the map’s ‘Profile ID’ slot.
  4. Copy the ‘Device ID’ code from your son’s account and paste it into the map’s ‘Device ID’ slot
  5. Copy the ‘Console ID’ code from your son’s account and paste it into the map’s ‘Device ID’ slot
  6. Press ‘Save, Rehash and Resign’
  7. Plug the USB into your Xbox 360 and Enjoy!
    YOU WILL NEED TO REPEAT THESE STEPS FOR EVERY MAP YOU WANT TO PUT INTO YOUR XBOX 360

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VpHx8hxJtA Here is a Youtube tutorial if you still are having problems

I hope y’all/you are still around. I still have been unable to do this. I could do it before, so I do not really know why I can’t now. I think maybe I left out an important piece of the puzzle, ALTHOUGH it did not use to matter. I am going to explain step by step what I am doing and what the response is.

1. I went online and found about 15 maps that I thought would be fun to play.
  2. saved them on a stick then transferred the maps to my desktop.
  3. I formatted the USB to XBOX 360
  4. I move the profile to USB (I have an xbox live account), but the profile I move is my sons, he is the one who plays it
  5. I already have Horizons already
  6. I also move a game save to USB
  7. I open Horizons. It sees my sons gamer tag
    :sunglasses: so under games, it shows a minecraft game and under profiles it has my sons gamer tag
  8. I right click the games tag and do insert files.
  9. I highlight the first map, hold shift down and click on the last so they are all highlighted and click on open
  10. it never asks me… save to this profile?
  11. pops up a screen that says files have been downloaded.
  12. the files show up in horizons under the minecraft tab
  13. there is no gamertag. Shows up as profile unknown
  14. i remove USB from computer and insert in the xbox
  15. Doesn’t matter what I do first, either move the gamer tag to the Xbox, find the maps and try to move them
  16. Get a message that says can not transfer between profiles
  17. Or i try to move maps first, still get the message unable to transfer files between profiles
  18. on USB the the maps are still profile : unknown

This has been going on for weeks. I gave tried every variation of these steps. I have googled, yahoo, Ask Me search engines
trying to find an updated video tutorial to no avail.

It worked before, so I do not know which side decided to make ‘Things Easier’!? What an oxymoron. This is crazy and ridiculous

PLEASE HELP ME

I am about to try it, I can not believe they made this so hard. So my mistake was trying to do more than 1 map at a time?
it will take forever now. I downloaded about 15 maps, saved them on a USB, but now I will have to remove and reinsert my USB 15 times to go through this process of adding maps to minecraft?