Red Dead loses the top spot in Xbox One backward compatibility poll

[/img]Black Ops 2 has knocked Red Dead Redemption from the top spot for the most requested game for Xbox One backward compatibility.

It’s a close call between the two – only last week, Red Dead Redemption was topping the chart with over 3,000 more votes than Black Ops 2.

As of today, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 has 78,245 votes, while Red Dead Redemption is in second place with 76, 225.

In fact, the Call of Duty series seems to be crawling its way up the chart. Mass Effect 3 has been bumped out of the top 10 by Modern Warfare 2, while Halo: Reach and Gears of War 3 have each dropped down one, to be replaced by the CoD games they previously had the lead on.

How much Call of Duty do these people need? They come out every year. My vote has gone to Red Dead Redemption, like that of any other sane human being.

Here are the top 10 requested games as it currently stands:

Source: TheTechGame.com

If any Call of Duty should be topping that list it should be CoD4.

Or World at War !

The current Top 10 list:

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Red Dead Redemption
Skyrim
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Halo: Reach
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Gears of War 3
Fallout 3
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Honestly, I understand why more people want to see Black Ops: 2 other Red Dead Redemption. Don’t get me wrong, Red Dead Redemption is a great game, but with Black Ops: 2 having an amazing multiplayer and zombies it’s hard for a single-player game to win.

Both are great games but i can understand why bo2 is more requested than a “old” singleplayer-only game.

Wonder how the files will work for skyrim on xbox one, hopefully you will be able to mod saves through cloud storage.

Every game on that list seems fine to me…I want to play Halo Reach again sooo badly!

Are you both referring to RDR?

Was wondering the same thing, if they bring compatibility to the GOTY edition of RDR then it would have the whole seperate zombie story and multiplayer as well.

I too would venture back to Halo: Reach and grind for my Inheritor…that being if the levels carried over because I was a Legend.

Yes, but we all know Red Dead Redemption is mainly known for its Single-Player rather then Multiplayer. I’m not saying I didn’t enjoy the many moments of freeroam, but I have way more memories of the story than I do of the various online game modes.

All I have to say regarding this post is Undead Nightmare was very entertaining!

W. T. F. ?

I never really played Singleplayer, but spend so much time on Multiplayer?

wat now?

I only see Cods coming back as remaster, or one huge collection. There is much more money in the collections than there is in making them backwards compatible. Imagine the hype for a Modern Warfare collection or a Treyarch collection it would be nostalgia heaven, they would get sales of that alone. Plus the fact that Cod exclusivity has now moved over to PlayStation I don’t see Activision allowing Xbox One players to play their old games on the new consoles and not the PlayStation. Don’t get me wrong I would love to see them become backwards compatible but I just don’t see it happening plus the fact that Activision have mentioned remasters in the past.

“If done well, I think [remasters] can be great,” Hirshberg said. “You talk about nostalgia, and people have such connection to the games they love from the last cycle. They want to see what it would look like if someone did it right for this cycle.”

Hirshberg went on to say that the decision ultimately comes down to assessing the “opportunity cost.” That is, Activision wouldn’t want to work on such projects if it jeopardized the development of new games.

“We need every body we can get to make the content we’re already committed to for our new games,” he said. “It’s always a matter of finding great people to do that work. I would love to play Modern Warfare 1 or the original Black Ops [or new consoles]. There’s certainly a deep well there. No announcements, but it’s something we talk about and think about a lot.”

I’d rather see Red Dead Redemption remade for xbox one personally because i most cod games very repetitive and get boring within 2 hours

It’s not a big deal, it’s not as though they’re only going to make the number one game available. I think due to the lack of PC port on RDR’s behalf, we’ll definitely see it available through backwards compatibility. Still can’t understand why they didn’t port it to PC, stupid, stupid, stupid.

Man, I some what feel for you because you missed an amazing story!

…I’ve never understood those who strictly play Multiplayer and never venture over to the Single-Player. (ex: Call of Duty and Zombies.)

Anyone thinking about battlefield 3 doe

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Newkids don’t know how good Cod4 is.

It’s simple. That’s what makes it so great.

I don’t think BF3 has any servers anymore

Curse EA

But thanks for that info