Regarding Gears of War 3 bans. Read before modding your stats!

Any skins relating to Epic or MS will get you banned for impersonating sponsors.

I used the Xbox skin and liked it so much I ended up getting a code off of ebay for 4 bucks. It is a good way to see a skin before you buy one though. just be careful

wait. wait. wait.

modding games can you get banned?

Not sure if trollingā€¦
or just very very stupidā€¦

if they havenā€™t given me a time yet then??? in party options i can only choose local and system link, and i canā€™t play onlineā€¦. does this mean Iā€™m banned? please respond

Im curious as well. I am in the same boat right now, i even reset my stats again, Im getting the feeling its a permanent thing.

Its funny I modded 10 ranks (went from 55 to 65), unlocked all mutators, skins, characters, and my horde stats like 3 days after the tool came out and still no ban. :smiley:

I wonder how many people on these forums who apparently ā€˜got banned the first time they tried thisā€™ are actual users of the game, and how many are epic/MS/whatever employees trying to scare people away from this program. Not that Iā€™m accusing anyone in this thread, natch.

Well,
I think it flags the console it checked more often more mods.should play Metal Solid Gear better than the waste of time hereā€¦

i get a message that says my profile doesnt have the correct settings to play online game modes. However, if I sign in and out I can play online. Also, I have no MS ban as I can play other games. Is this just a glitch that I am seeing about the profile settings being wrong for online play?

Hmmmā€¦Idkā€¦ I modded my main account,and 2 others,no bans from Gears yetā€¦you could be onto something lol.

i dont give a damn i did it and im alive
its good
they not check your account is just for all the *****s outside them report you and you get banned thats why

Hah. I can see the other side of that one Epic guyā€™s convo right now.
"We have hundreds of ways of detecting use of Horizon Beta

<aside>:They would be the hundreds of people whoā€™d rather cray about modders getting ahead than pay 5 bucks to do it as well"

i was an 81 and i put myself up to a 100 and then upgraded my stats to look like it was legitā€¦ is it a good odd that ill get banned or not really considering i was an 81 legit???

If I slowly mod my stats - no xp/levels - just ribbons, kills, deaths, matches played, etc. very slow would I be alright?

Even slight modding can result in a ban, so it is a matter of if you want to take the chance. The only way to not get banned is to not do any modding at all.

Iā€™m thinking of doing this just for the Onyx weapon kills.

It is soooo boring grinding for these.

Modding horde stats seems to be fine. I maxed them out and didnā€™t get banned.

ā€¦instead I was perma banned for avatar modding! Whoopie!

How do get signed up for diamond to do anything with any game cause the prompts wont let me access it

i just want to get the onyx skins on my main, so to make it look not suspicious, Iā€™d have to jack up my kills to like, over 80k right?

probably alter my deaths too