Simply better boost system

An boost system is great on it’s own, but having a pre-ordained list on a rail is very much an problem and not viable.

I would add a search bar to the Boost System to search for games you SPECIFICALLY want boosted for trainers YOU as a member of wemod actually want. Too many things fall out of favor due to popularity.

And since the current system relies heavily on popularity, fame, and current hype this is not viable unless changed so small games can get support two.

3 Likes

Also, checked out the list on rails and power wash simulator is one?
An game thats supposed to be about satisfaction and taking your time… people want to do quicker?? It feels like that just reinforces my point as I’ll never play that, I’d never put boosts into it, yet here I am talking about it because there’s no way to just “search & boost”

2 Likes

I agree with this. I feel like the “notify me” button is just a way to bury the idea and never be heard from ever again while we wait for there to probably never be a trainer to come out for it. At least allow me to cash in my Boosts to the game i want there to be attention for. Hey maybe there are others out there too waiting for it but since the system only picks up currently “hyped” games. the older games can never get a look at. honestly i would PAY for there to be a trainer for some older games ive been waiting for. I already paid for Pro. at least let us feel more VIP with Pro or somethin.

2 Likes

Yeah, I honestly feel like I’m wasting my money on Pro, since the whole reason I originally started paying for it was the coins (back before they were switched out for the boost system), and at this point, I have over 500 boosts saved up because I almost never feel the need to use them. Any trainer I can use boosts on is one that’s already on track for being made/updated, in which case I’m fine with just waiting. But there’s a number of trainers I want (such as for the Steam version of Fuga: Melodies of Steel or the GOG version of the new System Shock remake, among others) which I have no real way of effectively pushing for them to be made.

Being able to spend boosts to forcibly push a game onto the to-do list for a trainer or update would kind of solve both the issue of boosts feeling useless and not having a way to get a trainer for an older/less popular game (or specific version of a game) in one fell swoop. Maybe make it so a game has to reach a certain amount of total boosts (meaning across all users) to be put on the to-do list, like ~200 total boosts or something, and showing users how many additional boosts are needed for a given game.

Not only would this help make Pro users feel like they’re actually getting their money’s worth from the sub by being able to use those boosts to get trainers they actually want instead of just shifting priorities for trainers that are already guaranteed to happen, but I think it would also be a good way to encourage more people to sign up for Pro, since they might not be able to count on existing Pro users to push their favorite obscure games onto the to-do list. If you’ve got a game you want a trainer for, but nobody else is pushing for it, gotta go Pro and start using those boosts.

1 Like

@Karacha: exactly my point… I think these speak volumes of just how broken being a pro member is… We’re paying at most: Bimonthly to support wemod… And they can’t go back to earlier games and add them to an unlisted part of the list, because the list currently exists only to boost the most popular and most played game.
And this may just be me judgin’? But a trainer for power wash simulator - you’d have better experiences playing legitly, or buying a power wash for yourself in real life.
Euro Truck Simulator? Never saw THAT gettin’ on the front page of twitch streams, so I am to believe these aren’t the most popular / most played, they are outliers. Boosts aren’t even mony, our bimonthly pay is, so punishing boosts to be to a restrictive list does not make sense.
Which does wemod prefer? Tyranical control of boosts? Or Money?

I would LOVE the option to just search & boost, and have it added to an INVISIBLE part of the list that eventually without contest drops down along with other unlisted options. It would solve both issues by allowing to boost normally, or boost by search.

What’s infuriating about fuga 1 is that it ALREADY HAS AN XBOX RELEASE ON WEMOD, it makes me feel like they stopped partway through and called it a day. Fuga 2 had every chance to have all trainers included as it was even newer.
And now these memes, which basically prove my point, are even older now:

1 Like

Please avoid bumping threads that are months old, as this is against the rules. Trainers are added based on game and platform popularity, and back when that game was added, people were free to boost anything they wanted and they boosted it on Xbox only. The game on Steam now has less than 10 current players on average. While we would love to support every platform for every game, it simply doesn’t make sense in all cases.

Also, Xbox is the Windows Xbox Platform, not Xbox itself. You can always try manually linking the exe, but we cannot guarantee it will work.

1 Like