Skyrim (PC) Command Comsole....Why will some commands not work?

I was just playing Skyrim on PC and was trying to use the command console and some of the commands to not seem to work. But whats odd is that console accepts the commands just fine but nothing happens. I am trying to use the Teleportation command and only two commands seem to work properly. Riverwood and Whiterun. I know that my laptops Specifications cannot be the problem (because i have a high-end PC by Asus). So…what is going wrong? Did Bethesda (Skyrim’s producers) not implement a Teleportation system for every town and village and just Riverwood and Whiterun? Or am i imputing something wrong? I typed: coc riverwood. That seemed to work. But when i typed in: coc winterhelm…Nothing happened.

I have also tried other towns and villages and only those two work. For those who do not know “coc” actually stands for “Center of Cell” and when Bethesda made Skyrim they (in a developers way) made Skyrim into several different “Cells”. Do not get this mixed up with the “Holds” that are mentioned in the game because (from what i have read so far) the “Cells” are actually different from “Holds” in shape and form. In addition to that i have looked EVERYWHERE that a list of the “Cells” and have found nothing on them. The only relevence to the “Cells” are here:
Console Commands (Skyrim) - The Elder Scrolls Wiki
Under the command "coc <cell edid>"The Wiki mentions (again) Riverwood and Whiterun but no other cities. If someone has found a list of the “Cells” that can be typed into the Skyrim PC Command Console can you please post them here? Because i have still trying to find one. And…Please don’t post a list of the holds. Because as i spoke about above “Holds” are different from “Cells”.

Thanks for any help given

Im having the same problem

Thank you! I could not find anyone else (or any other threads or posts around the web) that was also having this issue. No one (that i can found so far) has mentioned any issue about this. Does someone know what is going on? Why does the game accept the commands but does nothing at all?

Thanks

I also forgot to mention that i have tried using the “help” command and that does nothing to help at all. And when you type in: help coc…it gives VERY LITTLE information about how to use it. Its like the command does not even exist. But yet it does and nothing but Riverwood and Whiterun work when using the coc command.

You can view a fully searchable list of all the cell names in Skyrim, for use with the “coc” command, here:

http://www.brandonklassen.com/usp/cells.php

It also has a filter that works in combination with the search for the different holds, such as Whiterun, Winterhold, Eastmarch, etc. as well all the testing / developer cells!

I have a question for the modding GURU’s.

I have a skyrim save from xbox version 1.00.4 something.

I moved it to pc to add some console codes.

The pc version is 1.1.21 something.

I injected it back to xbox with horizon.

Now my save does not want to load because it says it can’t load saves of a previous skyrim version.

How do I get past this?

Please give a detailed explanation as to what I need to do.

Do I install title updates? I tried one title update but with no luck.

Cross-platform modding… fun :smile:

Unfortunately, I don’t know much about it.

But this is what I can tell you:

Skyrim PC current version is 1.3.7.0.
Skyrim Xbox current version should be 1.2.12.0, with the 1.3.7.0 update coming soon.

So you may have to wait until the two versions are in sync.

Damn. I so wanna play the game with those console commands I added, as I don’t have the time to go through the tedious leveling up process.

For me it’s all about the story anyway.

Is there no way I can edit my save via hex method to change the version of the save?

I also forgot to mention that i have tried using the “help” command and that does nothing to help at all. And when you type in: help coc…it gives VERY LITTLE information about how to use it. Its like the command does not even exist. But yet it does and nothing but Riverwood and Whiterun work when using the coc command.

maybe your accidentally using oblivion codes???i dont have pc version of skyrim so wouldent know…://

console commands work fine for me.

I agree the help isn’t as useful as it could be, since it offers no way to filter results - sometimes you have to scroll through just a ton of results, and sometimes the scroll doesn’t even cover all the results. The usage is “help keyword 0”, and it will return all instances of keyword including NPCs, Cells, etc…

vJohn546387, no problems with coc commands here… make sure you are using the “COC Name” from this list

Coc {cityName} only ever works if the city is walled in. try coc CITYorigin where CITY is the destination. Note: that also only works for WALLED cities.

For traveling to an unwalled city, try Coc-ing into a building. here’s a page with links to lists of locations within the cities. to get the cell name, Click that cell’s link. example: riverwoodSleepingGiantInn

for reference, i’ve included cell names for the inns (it’s okay to travel in and out at all times) of unwalled destinations, and the origin points of the walled ones below.

IvarsteadVilemyrInn
RiverwoodSleepingGiantInn
WinterholdTheFrozenHearth
MorthalMoorsideInn
FalkreathDeadMansDrink

Markarthorigin
Riftenorigin
Solitudeorigin
Whiterunorigin
Windhelmorigin