Status Code 80153003

I need some assistance. Whenever I try to sign into Xbox LIVE, I get a message saying I need to update my payment option to connect to Xbox LIVE. I use auto renewal. Every thing I try, I get another message saying “Can’t retrieve information from Xbox LIVE. Please try again later. Status code: 80153003” I have added two more credit cards, deleted system cache, and deleted marketplace data but none of that has worked. I’m about to contact Microsoft, but I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem, and/or has a solution. Thanks in advance.

try to recover your account again?

aka “Download Profile” on the dash.

This has happened to me before. What that means is that you have to finish off the payment meaning that Microsoft charged you and you weren’t able to pay it so you have to add another credit card, but I don’t understand how it still tells you it should have fixed it. so what I suggest is to call Microsoft and tell them that you updated your payment and you already payed them.

Alright, I tried recovering and it didn’t help, so I will be calling them soon.

I seem to be having the same exact problem as you. I have tried everything except called Microsoft. Would you be ever so nice as to tell me how to solve this problem? Or atleast some tips

1-800-4MYXBOX