Ten percent freez

im using the horizon setup wizard and when I get the (install wizard is preparing and downloading files) thing or whatever it freezes on 10 %

Ya most likely your antivirus is stopping the download

Usually antivirus or lack of having .NET Framework 3.5 gives people trouble installing Horizon.

Disable your antivirus then install Horizon from here: https://www.wemod.com/horizon then make sure you have .NET Framework 3.5 by installing from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21.

Post back with results :slight_smile:

I had to use the direct installer, the WeMod Download Manager wasn’t working for me.

@User_N4m3 I’m on a fresh install of Windows 10 and it prompted me to install .NET Framework after I installed Horizon. So I don’t know if that’s a big as an issue as it used to be.

@godzcheater: different programs rely on different versions of .NET Framework depending on which version they were written for. Horizon requires 3.5 to successfully execute and run regardless of the version or build of Windows. Like you said, Windows 10 installs the latest version when you do a fresh install, but .NET versions aren’t cumulative and do allow for several versions to be installed concurrently to allow multiple different programs with different requirements to run with little to no issue. The direct installer you linked bypasses most of the stuff that would otherwise cause a failed install and just installs Horizon.

Sometimes Windows turns off .NET 3.5 after updates because Microsoft thinks it’s a good idea to revert to default on things people may not notice are switched off which makes trouble for those who need stuff to work and makes troubleshooting much harder than it needs to be. Rambling aside lol, your fresh install of Windows may have just detected that you needed .NET 3.5 to run certain programs, but I never know what Microsoft is up to these days with their under tested updates.

Sorry for the rant, but I hope I this is a clear enough explanation :slight_smile: