The Address Wasn't Understood Error

I keep getting the below error so i can not sign into my account on infinity from my desktop. Any help would be great. It is with the new version of infinity.

Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (infinity) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

You might need to install other software to open this address.

Could be related to the FIREFOX web browser, imo. Try using Google CHROME browser instead, for the time being, or try some other browser, if possible.

For FIREFOX, you can give this a try, IF you wish:

Open Firefox window, type about:config in the URL bar and hit the Enter key. In the Search filter, type network.protocol-handler.external.javascript.

A Preference named network.protocol-handler.external.javascript, should be there, and the value should be set to true. Sometimes, this can be the root cause of this problem.

Try to double click on this Preference Name to set the Value to false, which is the default value. Restart your browser after doing this.

Clear any browser cache/cookies as well.

@frank

Firefox has alot of issues I think, I use Chrome and everything works fine

Thanks for that suggestion but it did not fix the problem. The value was already set to false, i set it to true and it still gave me the same error. As stated by you, i may have to try a different browser.

Did you try a different WEB browser ? Did it solve your current issue…?

I have not tried another web browser as of yet. I really like firefox and really do not want to use a different browser. Hopefully if can be fixed on Firefox at some point.

Can you check if Internet Explorer or Edge works? It would help us greatly if we had more details.

https://www.wemod.com/infinity/login

Right, i just had look the problem. Thankfully it works on firefox now, so whatever was not working before now does. Thanks everyone for all you suggestions.

2 Likes

For some reason the protocol wasn’t registered till Infinity auto updated itself. I’ll look into that :slight_smile: Glad it’s working now!

1 Like

I am glad it is working now as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like