This new UI is very unfriendly, please bring back the sidebar!

In the old UI, all I had to do was open WeMod, mousescroll, click a game, click play, and bam, I’m in my game and applying cheats. This new UI inexplicably hides everything behind full-page single-screen menus, making finding everything a chore. I don’t use WeMod to learn about new games, I use it because I want to quickly and easily cheat in my favorite single-player video games.

I’ve canceled my paid sub. The service is just not worth its cost if it is aggravating to use. The ease of the old UI is a major reason why I subbed in the first place.

We’re sorry to hear you don’t like the new design. We did multiple studies and found most people were using the search feature even in the sidebar, so it made sense to make that the primary method of finding games. The update was in the public beta channel before being released, and the majority (over 90%) of users preferred the new layout. At this time, we have no plans to bring back the sidebar.

Is there something else we can do to make it easier to use?

You could maybe stop making the app less usable. Hiding everything behind more clicks is the opposite of friendly. Removing the sidebar and forcing a single-panel was a major step backwards in usability. It’s pretty obvious that the devs are trying really hard to transform WeMod into something it was never supposed to be: an ad-driven game launcher.

Maybe the devs could prioritize making WeMod automatically detect that my games are already running, without forcing me to navigate the now-worse app menus to arbitrarily “launch” an already-running game. Then the whole Win+G menu would actually be useful for me, because I could then launch the game from my preferred launchers (Steam and GoG) without having to alt-tab out of the game, go to WeMod, and RE-launch it there as well.

If you want my money, then either bring back the sidebar to make it more easily navigable, or make wemod automatically detect running games so I don’t have to double-launch. I canceled my yearly sub, but I’d gladly restore it for either of those features. Right now, it has pushed out one too many of its series of regressive UI changes, and it’s too frustrating to use to justify paying my hard-earned coin for its continued use.

And given that y’all are deleting other comments that criticize the UI, I’m taking bets on how long this one will be allowed to exist.

Why do you think it is ad-driven? We have one ad on the trainer page, which is only shown to free members. We could plaster them all over WeMod and have preroll ads forcing you to watch them before you can use a trainer, but that isn’t what we want to do. The ad is just there to offset some of our losses for providing a free service.

Why do you need to alt-tab? There are only a few games that cannot be launched directly from WeMod.

We are not deleting any comments about the UI. I deleted a couple of your comments because you made the same post in 3 or 4 threads which is considered spamming.

The main screen is mostly ads or irrelevant content now. “What’s hot” and “New Games” are just fancy words for ads - ads for games I’m not playing, games I don’t follow (and if I did? I’d follow them already elsewhere), and ultimately games that I don’t own. My own games are in a single row - horizontal, of course, which means I can’t scroll wheel through like I could when it was vertical.

When I open WeMod, I want to immediately see my games - my favorites first and foremost - and get into them right now with minimal fuss. The recent UI has made that not a possibility.

As for why alt-tab? Because I launch all my games through Steam. If launched through Steam, WeMod doesn’t detect it as running (i.e. it’s unavailable in the Win+G menu) until I alt-tab back to WeMod and click on my games, then click on the explore, THEN click on favorites, then click on the game and then finally click on the game’s launch button. That’s five clicks where before it was two. Seeing the issue here? If WeMod auto-detected already-running games launched from other sources, this would be a non-issue, and in fact a real game-changer for the good.

So you might then ask, why not just launch directly from WeMod instead? Well, because I don’t want to launch my games directly from WeMod. First, it breaks my carefully-constructed setup with Steam and GoG Galaxy that I’ve been using since those platforms first launched. Second, it breaks the Steam Controller Overlay for any non-steam game that I launch through steam, because WeMod bypasses that and launches it directly from its other app instead, minus the steam overlay. This means I can’t use either my Steam Controller or my custom Xbox Elite 2 settings from Steam in any non-steam game if I launch them through WeMod, and that’s a Hard No.

WeMod has always kind of presented itself as letting users play their games the way they want to play them. Trying to force everyone to use the app as their main launcher kind of stands in opposition to that ethos. I don’t need yet another all in one game launcher when the ones I have already do that just fine. I just want quick and easy access to cheats and mods, and that is what I was until now happily paying the subscription money for.

Anyway it seems that with the continued push toward making WeMod a full gaming/social platform of some kind (in a world already over-saturated with similar pre-existing platforms), folks who “just want the cheats and nothing else thanks” are no longer a major focus within the targeted customer base. And if that’s how it’s going to be, well so be it.

We simply are giving people the option to drop the rest of their launchers. WeMod always could launch games. If you want to continue using steam, origin, etc., we aren’t going to stop you from doing that.

I’m also not sure what you mean by WeMod is becoming an ad platform. We’ve always shown popular games. We don’t receive any money for doing so.

But I’ll pass along your feedback to the appropriate team members so they can look into making it easier to find your favorites.

If WeMod could automatically detect already-running games launched from another platform, this would be a total game-changer. Being able to start a game from Steam, hit Win+G, and immediately start using WeMod cheats? That would be worth paying money for.