Trouble Downloading the Cheats

All of a sudden this afternoon, I started getting this message when I try to enable any of the trainers. I looked around and tried the fixes people suggested. I installed a pending Windows update and restarted my computer and still got the error. I checked to make sure my virus signatures were up to date, and they are. I turned Windows Defender and AV off and I still got the error. Please help.

Hello there. :slight_smile:

When cheats are unable to download then it is mainly due to them being blocked by an antivirus - Either one that is installed on your PC or one that is part of your network (especially if you’re on a school/college/university network).
Please follow all of the troubleshooting in this post: Wemod failed loading the cheats into your game.
Simply adding WeMod as an exception in the AV after it has already been intercepted will not recover any files the AV has deleted.

If the above doesn’t help, other possible causes are:

• Incorrect trainer for the store that you purchased the game from (ie - Using a Uplay trainer on a Uplay+ game).
  • The game is cracked.
  • The game or trainer is out of date.
  • Additional instructions in the trainer are not being followed correctly.

Which game are you having the issue with? Where did you get that game from? And which trainer are you trying to use on it?

It still does not work when I have AV turned off, so I’m not sure how that could be the issue. Maybe I’m missing something.

I cannot set a direct path to the executable, as far as I am aware at least, since it is a Steam game.

I have the Steam version of the trainer, which is up to date, and it was working just fine last night. The game did not get an update since then, so that cannot be the problem either.

Where the game comes from has no bearing on whether you can set a custom path or not.

1. Click the down arrow next to the Play button.
  2. Locate the exe on your computer, which by default is in:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GAME_NAME
    3 Click and drag the executable to the panel you opened in step 1.

Do not use any shortcuts in your desktop to link the game to WeMod via the custom path. The desktop shortcuts are almost always stand-alone launchers, not an executable.

Also don’t forget this part: