Unable to run any trainer

Hi all,

Before I switched to Infinity 2.0, everything was working fine for 1.0. I could run any trainer. Yesterday I realised there was a version 2.0. I updated it to 2.0. Just when I wanted to try out the trainers for Dishonored 2, it gives me the following message.

‘We had trouble starting your game! Make sure it’s installed correctly, and try running Infinity as Administrator.’

I have already disabled AV, made an exception and ran as administrator. I even uninstalled infinity twice. Nothing works.

My computer details

• Windows 7

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Is this ONLY related to the “Dishonored 2” GAME, or all other game titles as well ? Because, this is what you wrote under your Topic’s title, “Unable to run any trainer.

What happens, if you manually direct INFINITY to the Game’s installed path and location ? Does the app properly detect the game, which is Dishonored 2 ?

If you click on the FIND GAME button, you can also manually select the game’s folder. This should automatically open the PICK FOLDER pop-up box and window.

Try to attach INFINITY, after you have started the game, once a Mission level has been loaded. You can also start the game via Infinity, but try the other way around.

You can try to re-install INFINITY from scratch. But before doing this, kindly remove and delete ALL previous traces of the installed Infinity app on your system (use any REGISTRY cleaner tool, if need be).

Go to the following location and path, and manually delete both the “Daring Development” and “Infinity” folders, if they are still there.

C:\Users\Your- Windows USERNAME\AppData\local\Daring Development, as well as C:\Users\Your- Windows USERNAME\AppData\local\Infinity.

Try to re-download INFINITY from this link. The stub should update things:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wemod/infinity/releases/master/Infinity-Setup.exe3

Use the official trainer thread to post your feedback, if you continue to face this same issue, as there might be some CODING issue with the new version of Infinity 2.0::

Ok… I missed out any game, yes, I tried Dishonored 2 first. Afterwhich I tried others. Which too, didn’t work.

I already saw your post before mate… That’s why I made mine when nothing worked…

Do you get any error codes with that message?

Make sure you delete the old infinity version (C:\Users<youruser>\AppData\Local\Daring Development\Infinity)

Hi STN,

Yes, I deleted the old version, followed pdhar’s guide before too and still cannot get the trainers to work. The only ‘error’ was ‘We had trouble starting your game! Make sure it’s installed correctly, and try running Infinity as Administrator.’ - which I did.

@frank

You need to read the OP again. I said I used version 1.0 and it works fine, I therefore decided to support infinity and realised there was a version 2.0 which I just updated yesterday.

2 Likes

Erhm, Seriously ?

I agree there are few users who might be still facing issues with Infinity, but posting such a reply, is just going to refrain and prevent the OP, and other similar end users to ask for HELP over here.

What does this has to do with the OP opting for a PRO membership ? Don’t get me wrong, but your reply doesn’t make much sense in this context (totally uncalled for).

I agree, there might be an error at the user’s end as well, but he/she is just asking for HELP, and we can’t expect everyone to be well versed on how to manage his/her OS.

And btw, read his Original post again. Previous version of INFINITY was working perfectly fine on his/her system. Problem started with version 2.0.

We shouldn’t blame the OP in this case, imho.

3 Likes

@sNaKe Any user who was Diamond before paid for both Horizon and Infinity, so they will continue to get both until their subscription is cancelled. Frank explained this. Also, the forum join date is different from the registration date, which explains that.

@frank any ideas?

1 Like

We’ve pinpointed the issue and I’m currently looking into how it can be fixed. I’ll post back here with an update within the next hour. Sorry for the inconvenience. We’ll get it working ASAP :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@User2541532 There is an issue with the WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) service on your computer. Infinity uses this service to determine if a game is open. There are two methods of fixing it, so let’s give this a shot:

Prep:

1. Open the Services window by typing services.msc in the Start menu.
  2. Find Windows Management Instrumentation, right-click it and go to Properties
  3. Change the Startup type to Disabled
  4. Click Stop
  5. Follow one of the two methods listed below.
  6. Change the Startup type back to Automatic and Start the service again.

Method 1:

1. Open a new command prompt (type cmd in the start menu).
  2. Paste cd %windir%\System32\wbem and press Enter.
  3. Paste for /f %s in ('dir /b /s *.dll') do regsvr32 /s %s and press Enter.
  4. Go back to the Services window and start Windows Management Instrumentation.

Method 2:

1. Run winmgmt /verifyrepository as an Administrator. Only follow the below steps if it says there’s an error.
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\wbem\Repository
  3. Move the files in that folder to another location (your desktop).
  4. Restart your computer. Windows will recreate the files in that folder, which may fix the issue.

Let me know if either of these worked!

2 Likes

Hi Frank,

This is noted. I will try it when I get home and revert if it is working.

@sNaKe I quote @Zach " Also, the forum join date is different from the registration date, which explains that." You obviously are not reading the OP and my reply above.

@frank Hi, I’ve tried both methods 1 and 2. I am still getting the same message ‘We had trouble starting your game! Make sure it’s installed correctly, and try running Infinity as Administrator.’

All steps were followed closely and Method 2 did not give me any errors.

Support will be resumed by private message. I will post back with a solution.