Unable to start games with infinity

Everytime i try to launch a game through Infinity i get two windows error.
C:/windows/system32/icacls.exe isn’t an win32 valid application
C:/windows/system32/wbem/WMIC.exe isn’t an win32 valid application
I am currently running infinity on a dual boot on disk D this may be what’s causing the problem.

What is the exact build, and version number of your base Operating system ? Which OSs are you booting in DUAL BOOT mode ?

Are you running Infinity as an ADMIN, or a normal user ? Try both the methods.

Open INFINITY, and press CTRL+SHIFT+D combination key, and see if there are any Errors or not, when the game has been launched ?

What happens if you launch and attach INFINITY, after you have loaded any particular game’s campaign mission ? Are all the games installed on the same hard drive as Infinity ?

Kindly disable the User Account Control/UAC Windows setting.

This could also be a WMIC issue, so try restarting the WMI service as well as update the variable path via WMIC, if need be.

Infinity uses the above service wmic to properly detect games. Do not run Infinity as ADMIN. You can launch the game though.

Try to change your user variable PATH. Go through this topic:

1 Like

If by my base Operating System you mean the Operating System i use when i don’t dual-boot it’s windows 10 Home with all the latest updates.
I use Windows 7 for my dual-boot.

I tryed to run infinity both as admin and normal user but it still didn’t worked.

Sorry, i forgot to tell that when i get these two errors the game don’t start, it tells me.

“We had trouble starting your game! Make sure it’s installed correctly, and try running Infinity as an Administrator.”

My UAC was already disabled, i tryed to enable it to see if something was going to happen but still nothing so i let it disable.

I tryed to change my user variable PATH but it still didn’t worked.

Those services aren’t working/installed on your system for some reason. You can google and figure out how to fix them.

@frank said the next infinity update won’t rely on these dependencies but idk when its going to be released.

1 Like

Give this a try. Try to attach and run Infinity, after the game level has been fully loaded.

First, launch the game via STEAM, or any other installed source.

After that, once the game level has been loaded, just ALT+TAB back to your desktop and start Infinity. Click on the START GAME button to switch back to the game.

When the icon says “End Game”, this means the trainer has been activated.

You can only change the installed path, if you get the FIND GAME button prompt on top right side. If it says, “START GAME”, then Infinity has already detected the game folder.

Click on the FIND GAME button, to manually select the game’s folder. This should automatically open the PICK FOLDER pop-up box and window…

I tryed to run Infinity after the game has been loaded but it tells me the same thing.
“We had trouble starting your game! Make sure it’s installed correctly, and try running Infinity as an Administrator.”

My games have already been found by Infinity the icon start game appears, it’s just that when i try to launch a game through infinity, i get these errors.

Also, Infinity works well when i’m using my normal boot, it just don’t work when i launch it on my dual-boot.

Your win drive is on D, infinity is looking for wmic/icacl on C.

You can update the path to those (to D drive) and see if that fixes it.,

How do i update those path?

Please?

Read this thread

For icacl, do a google search.