Version Guard

I just installed Version Guard. I was just wondering how to make it work. do I need to uninstall the update on game. I tried just running and it didn’t work. any help is great thanks guys

Version guard will only catch updates after it has been installed. So if you are trying to play a version of a game before it was installed it will not work.

ok thanks

I have a question regarding version guard. I downloaded and installed it. Now I do not know if it is still enabled. How do I check for that? The only option under version guard within the settings is uninstall. It doesn’t tell me if it is enabled or not.

Check task manager. It should be a service.

No luck there. It just shows that I have Infinity open.

You have to go to the services tab.
It’s name is WeMod Version Guard.

Alternatively you can press win+r and type in services.msc and look it up there.

In settings, enable where it says enable for all games and version guard will be enabled for every game you have installed.

Go to individual trainer and squint your eyes real hard while hovering over options/different things, you will notice a pop up/settings where it will tell you if versionguard is enabled and optionally a way to disable it.

I don’t have VG installed and yet wemod service runs on my computer so that isn’t a way (reliable at least) to know if VG is enabled.

Thank You!! That was a big help. Much appreciated. So if the game updates I would just choose one of the past versions of the trainer to play that specific game?

Game will stop updating for you if versionguard is enabled. Just use the latest trainer.

What about mandatory game updates? Like for dlc. I’ll have to disable version guard to get the updates so I can purchase the dlc right?

Version Guard never has to be disabled. Just because it is installed doesn’t mean you can’t update the game.

i have version guard installed and enabled for the game GRWL but in the end the game got updated and the program isn`t doing it is job and yes the services is running

If you have version guard enabled you should be able to click the version box and select the old version image
once you click play it will replace the new files with the old ones :slight_smile:

ohh thanks

Not a problem! Have a good one!