Virus protection not enabling Cheats

I recently bought Ark Survival Evolved.

Whenever I try to use the tool, I select ‘Start Game’ and it waits a few seconds and says "Infinity failed to initialize the cheats. Try temporarily disabling your anti-virus and anti-spyware programs because they sometimes flag cheats as malicious software.

Error code: 5"

Even AFTER disabling my antivirus, it CONTINUES to give me this error.

I even bought pro-mode so I would be able to use the tool on my phone and get around the anti-virus BS.

NOPE, I need to start the game in Infinity in order to access the cheats on my phone…

Someone PLEASE resolve this

Try starting the game first then starting the trainer. Has there been any updates recently? If so the trainer may need to be updated.

@unknown_v2

I don’t believe the game was majorly updated recently. The trainer itself was updated 2 months ago. But I don’t know if an update would be saying it’s an anti-virus thing…

What are your computer specs?

Processor: AMD FX™-6300 Six-Core Processor
8.00 GB RAM

I’ll admit, it has trouble running ARK but again, that shouldn’t be the issue

The trainer loads a lot of information at run time which can take some time depending on your CPU. If it times out before it loads, the trainer will display that message. Try restarting your PC and running only Infinity and ARK.

2 Likes

Are you getting this Error, ONLY when you play ARK:SE, or even other game titles as well ?

Code errors are mostly related to OS (device drivers, timing, admin rights etc.), and other software related issues, and it’s not always necessary that your AV/firewall might be causing this.

It could be a false warning as well, just in case.

Are you running INFINITY as an ADMIN ? If yes, then try to launch it normally, and also check what happens when the app is launched as an ADMIN ?

Try to attach and run Infinity, after the game level has been fully loaded. First, launch the game via STEAM, or any other installed source.

After that, once the game level has been loaded, just ALT+TAB back to your desktop and start Infinity. Click on the START GAME button to switch back to the game.

When the icon says “End Game”, this means the trainer has been activated.

You can only change the installed path, if you get the FIND GAME button prompt on top right side. If it says, “START GAME”, then Infinity has already detected the game folder.

Click on the FIND GAME button, to manually select the game’s folder. This should automatically open the PICK FOLDER pop-up box and window.

Which OS do you have ? Also, try a CLEAN re-install and update of the Infinity software, and check whether doing this helps or not (just in case) ?

First go to the Windows control panel, and remove the software, from under “Programs and Features”.

Sometimes just doing a reinstall doesn’t help, so try to use any “Registry cleaner” to remove previous traces of Infinity from the registry, if need be.

Before you re-install Infinity, remove and delete ALL previous traces from your system.

Go to the following location and path, and manually delete both the “Daring Development” and “Infinity” folders, if they are still there.

C:\Users\Your- Windows USERNAME\AppData\local\Daring Development, as well as C:\Users\Your- Windows USERNAME\AppData\local\Infinity.

Look for the ROAMING folder as well, under AppData. Remove the CACHE, or the entire daring development and INFINITY folders.

Some folders can found under “Roaming” as well, e.g, . C:\users\Your username\AppData\Roaming\Daring development\Infinity\CACHE.

And, C:\users\Your username\AppData\Roaming\Infinity\CACHE.

Check this installed path as well, i.e. C:\Users\Your UserName\AppData\Local\Package cache{some random numbers} folder, if this has been created.

Try to re-download INFINITY from this link. Restart your OS, and try to log into the app once again:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wemod/infinity/releases/master/Infinity-Setup.exe

The APPDATA folder and the associated directory might be hidden by default in most of the Operating systems, so you won’t be able to find it.

You need to enable this option, “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” under the ‘File Explorer options’ setting, via Windows Control Panel.

(this is important)

If you don’t want to delete the folders under ROAMING, then just remove all the .BIN files located here, e.g., C:\users\Your username\AppData\Roaming\Daring development\Infinity\trainers.

Depending on the game, the numbers might change, e.g, 61-1477409811.bin, or 144-1476900945.bin etc etc. Make a BACKUP first though.

I find there is “usually” a minimum of 2 to 3 updates a month “typically” for Ark Survival Evolved, I havent used the mod myself in quite a few months, I stopped using Ark Survival Evolved mods because they were causing my game to crash, nowadays I just use in-game command lines though id rather not as some of the command lines end up bugging out the saved worlds in the long run

Ark Survival Evolved is still early access imo, gets updtaed a lot.