We mod support

I e-mailed support and after trying everything to fix this and it not working I was told to bring my issue on here.

I have WeMod as a black box when I try to pull it up,

Chris S tried to help me and everything he could think of did not fix the issue. For good measure I system reset my laptop as it was running into other issues so I figured it may work with a fresh start. Redownloaded it and still the same issue.

@frank We tried deleting all WeMod related files, reinstalling, and (s)he hasn’t done any updates recently. Any ideas?

Hey @PerfectWindow339.

I’m not Frank (I’m not awesome enough to be Frank). But do you have Windows 7, by any chance?

If you do, please make sure you have .NET Framework 4.5.0 or above. WeMod requires this to work correctly and it does not automatically come with Windows 7, so it will need to be manually downloaded.

Once you’ve downloaded and installed .NET Framework 4.5.0 (or above), end task on WeMod in Task Manager if you haven’t already and then launch it again. Hopefully it’ll then work correctly. If not, Frank, when he is available, is super awesome at figuring out these issues. :slight_smile:

@PerfectWindow339 Which version of Windows are you running? If you’re not on Windows 10, please ensure that you have .NET Framework 4.7.1 or greater installed. The WeMod installer should detect this, but better off double checking.

Also, make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card:

If that doesn’t work, try running WeMod with the --disable-gpu option from the command line:
"C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\WeMod\WeMod.exe" --disable-gpu

Otherwise, please send me log files from the following locations:

• C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp\SquirrelSetup.log
  • C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\WeMod\SquirrelSetup.log

Sorry for taking so long to reply

i cannot access the Command log thing, truthfully i have no idea what you even mean by this. secondly i do have the Net frame work up to date as well as my drivers.

ok,

so i went into my 3d graphics settings and set it to make wemod run with integrated graphics vs my NVIDIA Geforce GTX i have. magically fixed.

not sure why but i guess it doesnt like Intel and Geforce in the same laptop

2 Likes

Thanks for the info; glad you figured it out. We’ll see if we can determine why that is happening.