Weird bug that makes wemod stop working

Hi! As a starter, I love Wemods and before this last update I’ve never had any issues.

I’m not sure whether to place this here or in the forum with the Raft trainer.

I’ve reinstalled wemod twice now. Each time deleting the folders in /local and /roaming, making sure to restart my computer, and when I do a fresh install I add all of the recommended apps as exceptions for my antivirus.

Once I reinstall it, it’ll work fine. This morning I played planet zoo with mods for a few hours. Then when I try and load Raft through wemod, Raft will crash before even getting to the main menu. Then it’ll say it can’t my game. But not just for Raft. Now I can’t play any games with mods because it can’t find them even thought it literally could a few hours ago.

Some advice would be appreicated. Thanks!

Hello there. :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear about this issue.

First of all, please make sure these three specific files are added as exceptions in your antivirus:

• Update.exe , found in the folder located at C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\WeMod
  • WeMod.exe , found in C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\WeMod
  • WeModAuxiliaryService.exe , found in C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\WeMod\app-VERSION_NUMBER\resources\app.asar.unpacked\static\unpacked\auxiliary

If you use BitDefender there are specific steps that need to be followed: Bitdefender - WeMod Support.

Once the above have been checked or completed:

1. Launch the game first. Wait on the main menu for 5 minutes.
  2. Alt+Tab to WeMod. Press Play.
  3. Alt+Tab back to the game.

Keep us updated. :slight_smile:

Well, I unistalled it and reinstalled it and then made sure I added all the files as exceptions to my antivirus. I loaded up another game to make sure everything worked and it did. Then, as you suggested, I loaded Raft and then waited for like five minutes. I pressed play on WeMods but then it quit the instance of Raft already running and then the play button on WeMod just said “loading”. I exited out of WeMod and tried to restart it, now it says “An error occured while loading WeMod. You may need to reinstall the app or allow it through your anti-virus software”

Update!

So I reinstalled one more time! I finally figured out what was happening, even thought I added the auxiliary file to my exceptions list in AVG, it was still putting it in “quarantine” so I had to restore and add it as an exception from there and it was working again!

Thanks for the support!

Glad to hear that you managed to get this working now. I’ll pass this information onto @frank, WeMod’s lead developer.

Enjoy WeMod with your games. And always feel free to pop in here if you have questions. Or just to grab a freebie from the Deals section. :slight_smile: