WeMod 3 Info, About Game Requests, and New Forum Software

#WEMOD 3

It has been awhile since we have given an update and we’re proud to say we’re nearly done with the redesigned website. To get an idea of what it might look like, check out the Infinity and Pro landing pages that are currently live.

We’re also curious in hearing any last minute ideas about improving the following pages:

https://www.wemod.com/
https://www.wemod.com/cheats
https://www.wemod.com/cheat-requests
https://www.wemod.com/cheats/fallout-shelter (Just the page in general, not specific to the game.)

#Game Requests

Due to the growing popularity of Infinity, there is quite a backlog of fully funded game requests. We raised the WePoints cap, but quickly realized it was only a temporary solution.

Along with the WeMod 3.0 launch, the request system will be reworked entirely. Until then there will be a lot of fully funded games. We apologize for that.

#Forum Software
As much as we love certain Discourse features, it’s almost time to part ways. It is difficult to customize and we need something we can build on top of more easily. We’re leaning towards switching to XenForo, but we’re open to any suggestions you may have.

As always, all comments and questions are welcomed! Thanks!

12 Likes

I have talked about this before and i’ll do it here too. One of a big hurdle for me with getting requests done is getting the game, either the “questionable sources” download speed sucks or i can’t always find the latest version of game so perhaps we can add a donation system to requests page. Each of the requester can donate like a dollar or half a dollar for certain games they want a trainer for. We will reach the goal quicker and i can do requests faster.

Perhaps a check for MP games so people can’t donate and we can do this for certain games only that are hard to find.

4 Likes

As an addition to the donation might be that the money for donations will be charged only if the trainer actually gets made.
Similiar to how kickstarter does it. Just so people don’t “waste” money for games that aren’t that popular.

2 Likes

Maybe start a patreon too? Could help.

2 Likes

That’s tough cause then there are bound to be people who are going to complain and say they don’t have money to donate or the means to donate (primarily 13-year-olds who shouldn’t be on here to begin with).

However, I do like your idea it’s a great starting point, if there’s a way to implement something like that it would be amazing.
Maybe finally start making certain trainers Pro only, such as new games limited to Pro for a month or so if you guys are against having games locked to Pro. Or have people pay money to have trainer requests for games that they really want done, which will then push the game to the top of the list and said game can be given priority, so that it quickens the time it would take to be coded compared to if it was regularly funded. This works out good for devs and people, as it will allow you to purchase the game instead of finding a shady download and risking killing your computer (in the case that you aren’t using Sandboxie), and people will get their trainers quicker.

2 Likes

I like XenForo, I suggested it back before we started using discourse. It’s like a better, modern and more customisable version of vB. Discourse isn’t bad by any means but it just seemed to discourage me from posting or reading anything, the former probably not being a bad thing.

4 Likes

God damn hipsters

3 Likes

This is pinned but since we got very few replies I’m going to bump it. Any feedback is helpful.

I feel some sort of monetary contribution system from the community needs to be in place for the sole purpose of getting some Trainers pushed out. I’m not referring to how long it takes to get trainers made, I’m talking about reducing the back log faster. I suppose it’s similar to what @STN said.

I do understand it’s not as simple as just doing it and I know it’s not going to be a unanimous decision by everyone but I’m sure with some constructive criticism and ideas, we can make something work.

As for the forum… I don’t like the idea of XenForo but I understand why it’s being considered. I’m just bored of seeing XenForo more than anything. A lot of other sites I visit also use it and I think it’s a little boring. I wasn’t too sure about this current site that we use but over time it has grown on me and I quite like it now.

1 Like

Allowing public trainers is bad idea. People are more than welcome to post them here but including them in Infinity puts our name on it.

Could you elaborate why Xenforo is boring? We’re going to be customizing it a ton. The reason we want to switch from Discourse is that it’s very difficult to customize.

As far as community submitted trainers, it’s something we have thought about. Until we get the versioning system and report system down, I think it’s something we can seriously consider.

Damn…i thought a switch to another forum software was finally coming.

Xenforo default theme is really boring indeed but once customized, it can look pretty good. The best thing i am looking forward to about a new forum software is avatars, post stats and signatures!. Discourse reminds me of olden days of guestbooks

Sorry, I forgot to include the word “monetary”. I wasn’t referring to the community being able to post Trainers although they are more than welcome to do that. I meant for us to donate (if we can and are able to but by no means a must do) to help out.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just some of the sites I have visited before like “7sins”, although I don’t go there much at all these days, but just looking at the forums section looks stale and too common, maybe outdated is the correct term? There are more boring ones out there like phpBB…

Unlike this site which it looks modern, sleek, minimal, tidy, not too much going on at once but enough to keep your eye focused. The only down side I can think of that I don’t like about this current one, is it’s not the best to navigate when on mobile. Hope this has helped!

EDIT: what about going back vBulletin or something else like Vanilla?

I believe they used vbulletin last time.

Yea I meant going back until they found a better solution. Sorry, I should of been more clear.