WeMod-6.3.4 Installation has Failed

Whenever i download the file to install WeMod i keep getting an error that states, “Installation has failed.”
I’ve restarted my computer, disabled all antivirus and it is still not working. Can anyone help me? My windows is also updated to the latest version.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:
Sorry to hear that you’re having an issue installing WeMod. I’ll try to assist you with this.

Usually, the main reason installation fails is due to interference from antivirus programs. Especially the excessively aggressive ones like BitDefender and McAfee.

If you haven’t already, remove any trace of WeMod from your PC using the Add Or Remove Programs feature in the PC’s settings. Double-check to make sure these folders are also deleted:

• C:\Users\Your_Name\AppData\Local\WeMod
  • C:\Users\Your_Name\AppData\Roaming\WeMod

With your antivirus program completely disabled, download the WeMod installer from this direct link instead: https://api.wemod.com/client/download. And try installing it.
If the installation is successful, make sure you add WeMod as an exception in your antivirus program before you launch it.

If you have either of these, there are additional steps:

• Comcast / Xfinity - click for instructions .
  • BitDefender - click for instructions .
  • A school/college/university internet connection - use a VPN, there is an extra antivirus program on the school network that you have no control over. Try Opera Browser, which has a VPN built into it.

Let us know if any of this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve done eveything you said, restarted my computer, used the direct link and i still get the same error message when i click on the download :confused:

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Installation Error