WeMod and PC Xbox App Permissions

Hey everyone!

I’m trying to use WeMod on VoidBastards but when I try to link the exe it says:

“You do not have permission to open this file. Contact the file owner or an Admin to obtain permission”

I have the ability to view the files under the Microsoft Apps file folder but I cannot access the exe’s for the games installed there. Apparently Microsoft doesn’t want me to have control over the files on my own computer… Does anyone know how to get around this?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Even if you could select the exe the trainer would not work with the windows store version of the game.

Really? Damn lol Oh well I guess that’s what I get for trying to be lazy! Thanks anyway!

Indeed. The only trainer we currently have for this game is a Steam trainer. (Void Bastards Cheats and Trainer for Steam).
I have never heard of a Steam trainer ever working on a Windows Store game (they have differences in their game engine code just because they’re from different stores, requiring a separate trainer).

The problem is that Windows Store is a very unpopular platform, which is why there are so few Windows Store trainers anywhere on the internet. I’d recommend seeking a refund from Windows Store and purchasing the game on Steam with the refunded funds.

As they have already said there is no guaranteed this will work but if the game is like doom for instance and it’s a simple direct port into the apps folder then you could try this: How To Access WindowsApps Folder In Windows 10

But I recommend using either your email or username for step 7.

Ps: I will edit this post if this ends up working with Doom Eternal so far I already know that the trainer for the STEAM version works 100% with the BETHESDA.NET version of the game so assuming the port is essentially the same as the Steam and Bethesda.net versions than there should be no problems as I said I will update you one way or another.

Edit: sadly as the others suspected while finding the exe was easy, apparently the game is to heavily modified from the original to accept the alterations

Edit2: actually some functions appear to work but not a lot of them so I guess it’s a hit or miss situation

Edit3: i found a good alternative for the time being: Nope

Moderator edit: Refrain from advertising third-party trainer providers.