WeMod And Webroot Help

Hi… I have done everything I can find on the internet to prevent WebRoot from seeing WeMod as a Virus, but it’s not working. I’ve set it to allow files, applications, etc, and NOTHING is working. It just identifies it as a Trojan and deletes it. Please help?

Hi, sorry you’re having trouble with this. While I don’t know the exact steps to stop Webroot from falsely-detecting WeMod, I’d like to reach out to them and see what they can do. Can you provide screenshots of Webroot showing the files that are detected? The exact file paths will also be helpful.

Thanks!

It changes every time so I can’t give you screen shots. The most frequently one is the WeMod.exe. Startig it up causes it to be deleted. Updating causes it to be deleted. I can’t get the screen shots because it seems change between them.

I’ve been having the same issue with Webroot. It’s been going on for the last month or so where it’s been detecting quite a number of files, including the setup exe, as viruses/malware. Here’s two screenshots of the Block/Allow files section after the fact of Webroot trying to quarantine these various files.

I hope this helps. I’d very much like to see this issue resolved as it’s been quite a nuisance.

Thanks for all the details. I’ll post back once this is fixed!

1 Like

THANK YOU. You’re a beast of a human being. I wasn’t sure how to get all the various files! Thank you, thank you!

1 Like

@TheReverseFlash @Teyzer They reported back and said it will be fixed in the next 24-36 hours. Please update Webroot and try installing/running WeMod after that time and let me know!

2 Likes

Will do! Thank you very much for helping us! I will let you know tomorrow when I can! Thank you once more!

1 Like

It does appear to be fixed! Thank you for all the help, sir!

1 Like

Nevermind, once I allowed it through the Antivirus, it’s all fixed.!

Looks like the issue is mostly cleared up as @TheReverseFlash said. Webroot is still trying to quarantine these two files though.

1 Like

Great, thanks for the update. I’ll submit those two files to them as well.

1 Like

Thanks, Frank! Really appreciate your efforts to clear up the issue with Webroot. :slight_smile:

1 Like