Wemod being seen as wacatac

So I’ve been using Wemod for a good while, I played dying light on it, Astroneer, Metal Gear Solid, and even fairly new Minecraft Dungeons on gamepass. However, there’s one game that triggers this issue. image
this happens every single time I try to play the game on Wargame: Red Dragon and I know you guys won’t just sneek a trojan onto a very popular trainer. But for now, until I get answers, Im not going to use wemod for red dragon even through it is my second favorite game. Im just wondering if this is just a false alarm or there is in fact viruses inside wemod.

It is a false positive. The game is 32 bit and for some reason a lot of our 32-bit trainers get flagged. @frank can rebuild it which might remove the flag but in the meantime, you can just ignore it/add an exception for that folder.

thanks

It does the same for me at Doom Eternal - when you press ‘Play’ in Wemod - immediately it finds wacatac (in appdata). This would be a very serious threat. Is it really false?

…I kinda dont dare use it no more, you see…

Please get this fixed a.s.a.p., and please lemme know. Thanks guys!

Yes it is a false positive if you would of read the comment an admin commented above about it. We would never upload a trojan in our trainers.
It is 100 % safe
Can use the search function as this has been addressed before
Plus this one

@InvisibleExpert172 Try the game again. I rebuilt the code, so it may not be flagged anymore. It is always a false-positive.

1 Like

I’m having a similar issue. I’m using the Battlestar Galactica Deadlock trainer, and it’s triggering this in Windows Security:

Detected: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml
Date: 11/1/2020 7:53PM
Details: This program is dangeorus and executes commands from an attacker.
Affected items:
file: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\WeMod\App\trainers\download\Trainer_30528_3f77747063.dll.1604278359518.tmp
file: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\WeMod\App\trainers\download\Trainer_30528_3f77747063.dll.1604278361430.tmp

I uploaded the Windows Defender files in Windows Update but it’s still triggering the false positive.

Give Battlestar Galactica Deadlock a try again after restarting WeMod.

Same with DOOM Eternal @strijdoke

1 Like

After restarting WeMod and retrying the Battlestar Galactica Deadlock trainer, I now get this error:

Detected: Trojan:Win32/CryptInject!ml
Date: 11/2/2020 12:04PM
Details: This program is dangeorus and executes commands from an attacker.
Affected items:
file: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\WeMod\App\trainers\download\Trainer_30528_84a5c83845.dll.1604336662280.tmp
file: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\WeMod\App\trainers\download\Trainer_30528_84a5c83845.dll.1604336667216.tmp

1 Like

Thanks for reporting again. I will continue to look into why this is happening all of a sudden. We haven’t changed the way our trainers are created/packaged in quite some time.

1 Like