Wemod has stopped working

After months of using Wemod, all of the sudden it stopped working! It started with Halo MCC. At the beginning, it worked fine then, slowly, the infinite health and shield started to fail, then everything went to Hell and i had no working Wemod. I reinstalled several times as the program was failing but nothing could stop its steady decline. Now it is useless with Halo MCC.
I got creative today and tried it with Rage 2 and Borderlands GOTY, Enhanced, 2 and 3 where it had worked very well previously. Nothing!! I got no response at all.
Help! What can I do?

Hello there. :slight_smile:

When WeMod stops working it’s usually because there is an antivirus program or firewall interfering with it.

Please follow the steps in this post: Can’t Install WeMod.
The thread name is different to your issue, but the cause and resolution are the same.

Thanks for help. Unfortunately, it didn’t work and still can’t use the cheats codes.
If anyone has anymore ideas, I’m willing to try again.

Making things clear. Wemod loads wel,l accesses the game and I can turn on the cheats. Again that’s as far as it goes. No health, no Shields not anything

Thanks for the update. :slight_smile:

This still sounds like something is blocking WeMod from operating effectively. We haven’t had any other reports of this recently and it’s the sort of thing we’d get dozens of posts an hour regarding.

Try using WeMod with a game. After it fails, click the down arrow in the top right of WeMod a d go to settings. Down the bottom is an option to download a log. Do this. Then upload the log in a reply to this thread, using the upload button on the toolbar when replying. :slight_smile:

IOk, I tried but the site won’t let me upload as I’m a new user. I have the log but tell me another way to upload it.
Thanks

The forum automatically promoted you after you made that post. You should now be able to upload it. :slight_smile:

Failing that (which it shouldn’t), you could use Pastebin.

WeMod.log (18.3 KB)

I had to D&D from my PC to here, Upload wasn’t working today
Thanks

Thank you for uploading the log. :slight_smile:

I can see from this log that you have three antivirus programs operating on your system, which is just a tad bit much, lol.

Antivirus: Norton 360, Norton Security, Windows Defender

• Windows Defender can be disabled if you’re using Norton 360, it’s not necessary to run alongside an existing AV.
  • Norton Security can be uninstalled completely. Norton has discontinued this product and no longer supports nor updates it, it is no longer available for download or purchase.
  • Norton 360 is an incredibly aggressive AV which likes to block safe software every now and again. Are you absolutely certain WeMod is added as an exception in there?

And the beat goes on! I made sure my wemod.exe ffile was excluded from the AV program. I also checked and Norton 360 is working, Defender is not on and never has, and Norton security was deleted when I was “blessed” with Norton 360. So, despite the log, Norton 360 is my only defense for my PC and my network. I also turned off the firewall after i excluded Webmod in Norton and, then Started Webmod and played Halo MCC. Nothing, absolutely nothing worked. I might have been playing with no help. I will try to use it with Rage 2 and see wnat happens or, turn off Norton completely for a totally scary experience.
Thanks for all the help. I keep on trying!

Just delete it and know what your downloading I haven’t had an antivirus in 5 years windows defender is plenty. Rage 2 for sure works cuz I just tested it like a month ago so should be good to go :+1:
Norton is a bad word here.

OK, guys. I put wemod in the white list of Norton 360. No dice! I then tried ptondo’s suggestion and tried to run it without any security app. Result was the same:Zilch! This was with Halo MCC. I reinstalled Norton and tried to run wemod with Borderlands 3 where, after working well, it had stopped functionong and now it ran as well as before. Unfortunately, it still doesn’t work with Halo MCC. There’s no Defender or old Norton or any phantom firewall running either. I guess I’m screwed.
Thanks for all the help

Make sure you’re using the correct Halo trainer. There are several for the MCC, because of the way the developers have chosen to design the series which means it’s not possible to have one trainer for the entire MCC collection, only separate ones for each part of the MCC.

The Borderlands 3 game recently had an update, which meant the trainer also needed an update. The trainer was updated a day ago from this post. Borderlands 3 Cheats and Trainer for Epic Games - #475 by MrAntiFun

Doggone! You were right! I got a new trainer for Halo CC anniversary and it’s working as well as ever. Thanks a thousand times, Master! May the Supreme being give you many children and the wealth to raise them in luxury
Hatuey