my thing is not realeated to this but when i follow the tutorial for bitdefender whitlisting it doesent work because i dont have the right files and is restarting the same as rebooting
Honestly, you’re better off getting rid of BitDefender and replacing it for something else. It’s just such a fussy problem-creator. Eats your CPU faster than a pack of fat wolves at a free McDonald’s buffet. Interferes with system restore, which is a critically important feature on every PC. And so on.
AVAST is decent, but don’t accept their browser add-ons because those are data miners.
Anyway, it sounds like your files have already been deleted by BitDefender. So:
- Uninstall WeMod via the “Add or Remove Programs” tool in your PC’s settings.
- Turn your anti-virus off completely. Just temporarily.
- Download and install WeMod from the link given by @ptondo above.
- Whitelist the relevant files in BitDefender (if you decided not to remove it from your computer).
where do i find the add or remove programs tool?
- Start menu
- Settings / gear icon
- Type “Add” in the search box
- Click the first suggested result “Add or remove programs”
i dont have wemod there ._.
Then it’s likely not installed on your computer. So continue to step 2.
should i look at the how to whitelist wemod tutorial?
Yes, if you’re still using BitDefender you’ll need to double check that WeMod is whitelisted there after installing it.
This thread will help: How to white-list WeMod in BitDefender!
Thx works now
Good to hear that!
Glad Ravenfyre was able to help you solve this issue!