WEMOD Latest setup virus infected, Norton Security Suite IDed

But to get back on topic, if a user clicks on your download link for the setup file and the link is spoofed and the user is redirected to another site that has Horizon-Setup files that have viruses that can hijack their PC or worse, it seems to me the WEMOD IT / Systems management needs to use a well established hosting site and properly firewall and filter all content at the public side of your infrastructure network (including all Wifi, Cellular and sneaker-net) points of access.

Can somebody please explain me what the hell is going on here? canā€™t be bothered to read everything only thing I read was that a random guy compares Modio with Horizon. Tries to force you to add things into Wemod. And fights with Travis about modern technology (bad idea).
And seeing what everyone tells you. Demand for xbox 360 stuff is too low. Thatā€™s why your beloved Modio website got taken down. Now you are trying to ā€œrebirthā€ modio in Wemod? Pleaseā€¦

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with the download link. As I explained before it is a bundled installer which is our way of making revenue without having ads. All of the additional programs can be declined during the install. We always make sure to use reputable sources for something like that.

PUP/PUA is just potentially unwanted programs not a virus.

Most companies spend millions developing products especially something like and Xbox.

What??? Most people donā€™t spend anywhere near that amount. I would say 1k is a high average for most people. Lets look at the steam survey.

Average Ram: 8GB
CPU Core: 4
Average resolution: 1080p
VRAM: 2GB
Most popular GPU: GTX 750ti
Less than 5% of steam users have a GPU more expensive than $500
Less than 1% have VR.

The only reason games are developed on high core count multi gpu platforms is because of the rendering. Most games donā€™t use more than 4 cores and wasnā€™t possible until DX12.

That isnā€™t the way it works. Games like Forza Horizon 3 can be installed on your PC completely independent of an Xbox. It is also not up to MS to allow this or not. Games like Destiny 2 are getting a release on both platforms but MS canā€™t just say well we want to make it available on both so you have to give them a free PC game. If they wanted to release an XB1 emulator for PC then it would be different because you will still be using your console copy.

Since you are saying it is so easy to do the game save thing why havenā€™t you done it then? We had a member start a site for save sharing but it barely used and he put hundred of hours into it. Go message Bran on twitter to see if you can get all the game saves. It is more than just setting up an FTP site with game saves. Xbox 360 is not popular enough anymore for us to add features like that.

Then you talk about satisfaction and how people arenā€™t able to rate Horizon. They are more than welcome to come post suggestions here if they are unhappy with it. We have always encouraged feedback as it is the only way we can improve on what we have. As I stated Xbox 360 is well past its glory days.

That sums it up nicely. OP just want this site to copy a failing business model because it fit his needs.

I do not use Infinity but I still think going into pc modding was a great idea. Everybody was complaining how things needed to change. Sticking with xbox 360 modding just wasnā€™t an option anymore. Frank added Infinity and changed the website. Now this site is growing and that is great.

Sooo ā€¦ anyhow does horizon work for you ?

I am not going to bother responding anymore as Chris basically covered it.

This entire thread really has nothing to do with support anymore. Even the original post seems more like a rant than anything. Horizon isnā€™t a virus and if you happen to have an installer that tries to add more than Horizon, simply read carefully and donā€™t install extras.
If you continue to need assistance getting the software to work properly, feel free to post a thread with your issues.

3 Likes